~|26: Accident|~

After having been caught by Yuri they had seemed to become closer, somehow, but it was better that way. Currently, Donghyuck and Mark were walking around town just browsing about, so far they had a few bags but nothing too much.

Though there was one bag Mark kept hidden within another bag which he had got when Donghyuck went to buy some cookies, it was two promise rings, both black with a loop of colour around the outside.

Yes they were expensive but no he didn't care, he knew that Donghyuck was worth all the money in the entire world

"Markie I'm gonna go in here quickly." Mark nodded as he watched him cross the road and walk into the shop, he leaned against a post waiting which didn't take too long as he walked back out with flowers in hand. Mark smiled and once again admired his boyfriend cross the empty road.

Though that didn't last for long as a speeding car came right down the road hitting Donghyuck right down onto the ground, eyes shut, blood smothered everywhere and the blue roses laid on the side of the road untouched.

"DONGHYUCK!" Mark cried out as he abandoned the bags to run over to his side, first he checked his pulse which luckily was still beating slowly. There was still hope. Strangers stopped and stared, some came over to help Mark who was a mess at this point, others took photos and the helpful ones called an ambulance.

In the distance, sirens could be heard and soon enough an ambulance pulled up with paramedics rushing out to assist. They said all sorts of scientific words leaving Mark more overwhelmed than he already was resulting in him passing out.

--

Beeping, that's all he could hear. Mark opened his eyes slightly then proceeded to shut them again but they once again shot open once he remembered all the events up until now. His body jolted up but was met with Renjun and Chenle looking at him with wide eyes.

"Your awake, do you remember everything?" Chenle asked softly, "You idiot he passed out, he remembers everything." Renjun muttered quietly so Mark wouldn't hear but he had already attempted to leave the room but was stopped by Jeno walking in.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jeno asked, from the look in his eyes and the monotone voice you could tell he'd been crying which was somewhat rare to see. Jeno never cried.

"Where's Donghyuck? WHERE IS HE?" Mark shouted with rage hating the fact he didn't know what was going on and if he was alright.

"Calm down-" Chenle attempted but was cut off by Mark's demanding questions, Renjun walked forwards and hugged Mark tightly stopping his from acting out further which seemed to work as Mark broke down hugging Renjun just as tight.

"He's in surgery, he's alive it's alright," Renjun whispered stroking his back and sitting him back down on the bed.

"How in the hell did you do that?" Jeno muttered to Renjun who simply shrugged, "I used to babysit." Was his only answer to which Chenle nodded.

Soon enough, after an agonising 3 hours, Jisung and Jaemin walked into Mark's hospital room with small smiles on their face. "He's out of surgery, the doctor said you can see him now," Jisung said watching Mark's face lighten up and practically run out even if he didn't know which room.

Once he'd found the room he walked over to the bedside seeing him with a cast on his right leg and couple bandages here and there. He was alive, that's all that mattered to Mark. The five boys waited elsewhere giving Mark some alone time.

The door slid open gaining Mark's attention to the doctor who walked over. "Hello I am Doctor Moon Taeil, would you happen to be Mark Lee?" The doctor asked with a soft smile.

"Yes, I am." Mark said looking at him hopefully, "Somebody dropped these bags off," Taeil started and pointed over to their shopping bags in the corner of the room and a vase of blue flowers on the bedside table.

"Donghyuck should be alright, he might be a little confused at first when he wakes up. He has broken his right leg, fractured two ribs and it is a slight possibility he could suffer from some side effects which could include; memory loss but it is quite unlikely due to the impact point, breathing problems and PTSD depending on his mental state." 

Mark took in all the details and nodded praying that he'd be aright, "We have called his emergency contacts and they should be here soon, thank you." The doctor bowed and left him with Donghyuck, the five other boys filed in.

"He's good, right?" Jaemin asked, "Should be." Mark sighed holding Donghyuck's hand but his eyes widened when he felt his hand holding onto his own tighter.

"D-Donghyuck?" Mark asked watching his eyes flicker slightly and his face screws up in pain. He groaned slightly and eventually opened his eyes being met with six faces looking down to him.

"Are you okay? Do you remember us?" Jisung asked causing Renjun to roll his eyes, "Of course I remember you crackheads." He whispered, his voice not allowing him to talk any louder due to not talking for a while and something to do with the accident.

The doctor walked back in, "It's good to see you awake Donghyuck; how are you feeling?" He asked as ran a few small tests here and there. "Painful." He simply answered in a hushed voice which the doctor named Taeil picked up on.

"Are you having trouble talking above a whisper?" He asked writing down some stuff on his notebook, "Um...Yes." He admitted, "It's not common for this to happen but it's nothing to worry about, your voice should regain its strength within a week." Donghyuck nodded along and sighed slightly.

"Thank you." After the young doctor gave some medicine to him he left with a smile, there wasn't time for any talking as Taeyong and Jaehyun came rushing through the doors in a fast yet panicked manor.

"I can't even let you outside of the house without you getting into trouble...What will I do with you?" Jaehyun smiled softly threading his fingers lightly through Donghyuck's silver hair, "I'm sorry." He whispered, his voice already gaining some volume.

"I will murder whoever did this." Taeyong growled, "We can worry about that later but right now I think we have other priorities." Jaehyun muttered, the five boys in the background smiling as they left the little family to themselves.