✨16✨

Author's pov

Sungwoon ran fastly as he carried Ara on his back. "Hang on for me, alright?"

The headache actually went away already after he put Ara on his back. "I'm okay, Sunbae." she whispered.

Sungwoon stopped right away and looked behind. She just shrugged and held him even tighter.

"Yah, you made my heart stopped," he sighed.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"I'll put you down," he told her, and walked to the nearest bench. But she just held him tighter, and said, "Sunbae, I think I'm seeing things.."

"What are you seeing?"

"I'm seeing you, Sunbae."

"Huh?" he wanted to turn his head but she just stopped him from doing so.

"I don't know which one is right. I'm dating Jungkook but all I see is—"

He suddenly put her on the bench and he trapped her between his arm. "You see me?"

"I-I—"

"You see me, that's why your head hurts?"

"I see glimpse of memories, and you're always on it. But it hurts whenever I try to remember further.."

"Then don't," he leant closer. "don't look for me in the past. Just look at me, the me you are seeing right now."

"S-sunbae," she gasped as he leant closer, closing her eyes due to her nervousness towards their close distance.

"I'll make even more memories with you, so you don't need to push yourself to remember."

His hand squeezed her hand, but she felt like her heart which being squeezed instead. He looked at her eyes deeply, which made her suffocated.

But there was something in his eyes, a lonely and pain that could be felt. Although he said he didn't mind that she forgot, but it actually scratched his heart by time.

He felt like he finally got her but it slipped away. And his hapiness went away with it.
It was all because the mistake he made.

"Yah, what the hell," a male voice was heard, and made them moved away. "how can you just left like that."

Sungwoon looked at him flatly and moved closer, showing no interest or whatsoever to him.

"What's the point of bet if she hurts."

"Bet is a bet. She's out." Jungkook looked at the girl who just turned her head away, avoided his gaze.

"Ara, let's go home." he said.

Ara stood up, didn't actually want to go home with him. She was just making sure the two of them didn't kill eachothers.

But Sungwoon had different thought. He thought Ara was going home with him, so he said "I'll take you home instead."

"Jungkook-ah," she called. "I think you have no right to decide whether I'm staying or leaving from manager and secretary positions."

Jungkook frowned and she repeated once again. "You have no right, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook didn't expect she would bluntly say like that, so he just stayed silent.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook-ah. But I won't quit."

Sungwoon couldn't hide his smile and Ara turned around, faced Sungwoon. "And Sunbae, I think I will go home with my brother instead. Thank you for your help earlier."

She left the two boy in hurry, without looking back. Her heart pumped so fastly and made her a little hard to breath.

Damn, to get stared by Sungwoon for that long..
Did he want to give me heart attack?

She shook her head and tried to get grip of herself.

But wasn't it such a heavenly way to die?