Thirty-Nine

Wade
I rubbed my eyes and walked downstairs. I had a rough night without Pete and I assumed he wanted some space, so I let him be. "Morning." I grumbled when I walked into the kitchen. Nat grunted and Clint patted me on the back. "Do you guys know where Peter is?" I looked up and Nat shifted in her chair. "He's with Tony. Went on some business trip. They'll likely be back next week. Wouldn't he have told you?" I huffed and fidgeted with my ring. "We got into a fight." I mumbled and leaned against the cold counter. Steve walked into the kitchen and grumbled. "All you two do is either fight or fuck." I rolled my eyes and Nat made a hand motion to prompt me to talk. "First Steve, we don't fight often, and you're only ever here when we're fucking or fighting. Or both. Second, I basically told him that he's a child and that's why he didn't think to tell me something so adult in nature." Clint slapped me upside the head and I cursed quietly. "Wade you're fucking dumb." Pietro announced and I shot him a glare. "Thanks dickseed. I know that I shouldn't have said that but I was mad. He didn't think to tell me that he's joining the Avengers. Especially when he hasn't even hit the baby kicking stage yet." Nat rubbed her forehead and cursed in Russian. "We shouldn't have brought that on him while you were both there. He was only trying to buy time, he was gonna join regardless, but still we shouldn't have gone about telling him like that. You know he would have told you something eventually."

Peter
We landed in Wakanda and I got off the Quinjet, looking around in wonder. "Woah." I muttered quietly. Dad followed me off and led me to a group of bald women with spears. One of the women approached us and we stopped. "I am Okoye. What is your purpose here?" "Okoye they are friends." I recognized that voice and I craned my neck to see the king. "T'challa." Dad patted me on the shoulder and Okoye stepped aside to let us see T'challa directly. "Pete and I were wondering if he could go see Shuri. It's about an upgrade on his suit that I'm sure only Shuri will know how to do." T'challa hummed and started to walk away. Dad grabbed my hand and pulled me alongside him. I looked around in wonder and I could feel Percy feeling my excitement. "She'll be excited for a challenge. Now I must ask, why did you come on such a short notice?" He turned to look directly at me and I blushed. "I...I had a fight with my fiance and sort of needed a distraction. Dad took that as a chance to get me out here." I put a hand on my stomach and I felt a small foot collide with my hand. I froze for half a second before letting out a light laugh. "What?" Dad questioned and I took his hand and put it on my stomach. Percy repeated the reaction and Dad chuckled. "That's cool." T'challa kept walking and we bounded after home.

I walked into a lab and looked around in amazement. "Can I get this?" Dad started to laugh and I turned in time to feel someone throw something my direction. I caught it in a blink and felt it pulse in my head. I tossed back in the general direction it came from and it exploded into a vibranium net. A girl about a year older than me stepped out from behind a big screen and rose an eyebrow at me. "Shuri this is Peter and Tony Stark." She started to smirk before frowning. "Peter's pregnant?" I shrugged and walked forward, holding out my hand. "Long story, I am pregnant though." She took it and shook it firmly. "If you're a Stark, what's your fancy superhero thing?" I chuckled and flicked my wrist, letting her see the Spiderman hand. I shot a web at her desk and picked up what looked like a small arm canon. I pulled it to me and my hand shot out to catch it. "Woah." She whispered and grabbed the device from my armored hand. "Does that hurt?" She asked and I shook my head, flicking my wrist again to retract the hand.

T'challa and Dad left us alone to talk and I could tell she wanted to ask a whole bunch of questions. "Shoot them at me." I said absentmindedly, playing with an old web formula on my watch. "How old are you?" "Almost 16" I fixed a component and let Karen know to make a note of it. "How far  along?" "4 months." I turned to face her and she gave me a perplexed look. "I'm transgender. At least...I was before the kidnapping." She blinked slowly and I smiled softly. "I was kidnapped awhile back, held for 8 months and experimented on. I had my Spiderman powers long before that, but their experiments only added to it. I can shape shift and that means any body part." Her mouth formed into an 'O' and she began to giggle. "That ring, is that an engagement or wedding?" I looked down at it and sighed softly. "Engagement." She seemed to sense my tenderness toward the subject and didn't ask more about it. "Why are you here?" I blinked before grinning. "I was told you might be able to help me fix my suit so that it'd be more flexible to my shifts." She started to clap and pushed some stuff around on her work table. "I could absolutely do that! Is your suit able to be taken off?" She asked and I nodded. "Karen retract suit Mock 3." My skin opened up in some places and little bowls rolled toward my palm. They collected and formed together to create my entire suit.

I handed the suit to Shuri and she looked at it in wonder. "That's seriously so cool." I chuckled and sat in a chair. "Would you mind if I worked on some minor upgrades as well?" She waved me forward and pointed me to a chemical cabinet. "Go at it."