Thirty-One

Dinner went somewhat smoothly. Steve and Dad argued quietly and then rest of us held somewhat normal conversations. Wade and I made plans to go visit the X-Men when school let out for me. "When will the baby be born?" Wade asked and I thought for a moment. "It's September now...so May or June." I replied, putting my hand on my stomach. "Then we'll have the baby just in time to see my family!" Wade cheered quietly and I laughed. "Family of heroes." I muttered with amusement. Someone put a plate of chocolate ice cream in front of Wade and I. I thanked the person quietly and Wade looked at me mischievously. "What?" I asked and he dipped a finger in the cold liquid. "No Wade don't you dare." He put the ice cream on my lips and leaned forward, kissing me just as quickly.

He went to pull away, but he swiped his tongue over my bottom lip and I shuddered. He straightened out with a cocky smile. "Got it." Wanda started to laugh and I felt my cheeks heat up. "Can we get through one sit down where you two aren't all over each other?" Scott snapped and I curled my fingers into a fist. "Baby." Wade grabbed my face and his blue eyes bored into mine. "I love you." I whispered and Wade smiled lovingly. "I love you too handsome." He pulled away and I put my head on his shoulder.

The rest of dinner went by smoothly and before I knew it, Wade and I are cuddled together at home. It's around midnight and we're just laying in each others arms. "Pete?" I hummed groggily and Wade shifted me so that I was facing his chest. "I love you. More than anything." I smiled tiredly and kissed his bare chest. "I love you too baby. We both do." Wade lifted my head so that I could see him. "I want to marry you." He mumbled and I blinked. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "What?" He smiled softly, pulling a ring off the bedside table. "I want to get married. I know that you're still 16, but we have an eternity. Many lifetimes to fail and fix things. We have a son on the way. Why not get the ball rolling? I love you and I have no problem with you. I have no problem of assuring you that you're okay and I have no want to be with anyone else. I just want you." I pulled my leg over his hips and straddled him. "I love you so fucking much Wade Wilson." I pressed my lips to his and he laughed. "So I take that's a yes?" I nodded and held out my hand. He slid the ring on my ring finger, kissing me again. "Can we wait until after I'm officially 18? That way we can get everything in order before we focus on the big thing?" Wade nodded and I smiled.

I rolled back into the bed and stared at the ring, the moon reflecting off the small jewels. "Warhead helped me make it." It's a simple band with little black and red jewels going through the entire middle of the band. "Do you have one?" Wade grabbed a ring and pushed it on his finger, showing it to me. It's a black band with red and blue jewels going in the same direction as mine. "I figured that the colors could represent our suits. They also have trackers in them, in case we lose each other or we lose the bands. And they can only be taken off by us." I turned and put my face in his chest, intertwining our legs together. "I love it." I whispered and he pressed a kiss to my head. "Get some sleep baby, you've got school tomorrow."

I woke up the next morning with nausea. I climbed over Wade and clambered into the bathroom. I bent over the toilet and threw up. A moment later, Wade came into the bathroom and rubbed my back. I finished throwing up and straightened out. I stepped to the sink and washed my mouth out. "Morning sickness?" I nodded and Wade kissed my forehead. "You get dressed and I'll go make you breakfast. Was there anything specific you want for lunch?" I shrugged and he went to leave. "Make sure you pack strawberries anything!" I called after him and he gave me a thumbs up. He closed the door and I started to get dressed. I pulled on some jeans and a shirt, that I'm ninety-eight percent sure is Wade's. I grabbed a flannel and gathered my backpack. I brushed my teeth and brushed through my hair. I grabbed my ring and slipped it on my finger.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Wade laughed at something Nat said and I smiled. I leaned against the doorway and watched him cook. Someone came up behind me and slipped by me to get into the kitchen. Wade looked at the doorway and grinned when we saw me. "Hey handsome, breakfast is ready." He held out a plate and I happily took it from him. I leaned up and gave him a kiss before I went to take a seat by Nat. "Wait wait!" I turned and Wade put his hands over his mouth. "Babe you're showing!" I looked down and saw the little curve of the bump through my shirt. I laughed and went to go sit down. I started eating and Wade slid a cup of coffee to me. It was half empty, leading me to assume he made it for himself but figured I would want some. I grinned and chugged it down before I finished eating. "Pete you're gonna be late!" Dad yelled from the living room and I jumped up, quickly kissing Wade and running to the elevators. "Make sure you take your vitamins!" Wade called after me. I took a deep breath. Today is gonna be a good day.