Nine

I yelled in glee when I jumped off the roof of the compound and dove to the ground. I swung up and pulled myself up onto the roof of a bank. "Having fun?" Wade chuckled into my earpiece and I did a little happy dance. "I forgot how much I missed this." I swung down and listened for any crime. "Hey Spidey, passing a robbery on the corner of 9th and Hones." I grinned and swung over there, my smile not leaving my face once. I landed near a grocery store and I rolled my eyes. "Buy me some snacks when you're done?" I snorted, "Deal. But only if you set up a date at home." "I'll do you one better, we go back to mine and spend the night there." My cheeks heat up and I'm 100 percent sure Wade can hear my heartbeat through the comms. "Deal." I punched one of the robbers in the face and dodged an incoming kick. "Didn't your mother's teach you to share?" I knocked another unconscious and webbed up the last 2 robbers. I grabbed some candy and fished some money out of the pocket on the inside of my suit. I paid for the candy and swung up to a roof adjacent to the grocer. I waited for Wade and the police to show up.

The sun set and I texted Dad, letting him know that I am safe and with Wade. "Alright Pe-" He was cut off and I turned, my eyes widening when I saw the gun pointed at his head. "Hey! What're doing?" I rushed forward and the person cocked the gun. "I wouldn't take one more step. Not unless you want your boyfriend's brain spilled all over this roof. Wouldn't that be a shame?" I hoped that someone would come to help, but I knew I couldn't get anyone. I couldn't even ask Karen for help because the guy would kill Wade. Fortunately, Wade can't die but that doesn't mean the fear isn't there. "What do you want?" I wanted to pull my mask off, have Wade see my face. "You, we want you." "We?" I voiced and I heard another gun cock. The barrel pressed against the back of my neck and I heard Wade yell out in fear. "Baby I'm okay. We'll be okay." Wade ripped off his mask and I could see the tears building in his eyes. "Please just let him go. I'll do anything." I pleaded and pulled my mask off. I tossed it to Wade and he pulled it out of the air, hugging it tight to his hands. Somehow I knew that something would go wrong.

"Anything?" I nodded and the gun on my neck is replaced with a metal collar. It clicked in place and I felt the power in my body stop. Wade's eyes widened and tears spilt. "What are you doing? Peter baby, please don't do this." The tears that had gathered in my eyes fell down my cheeks and I reached up to wipe them away. "Aw how sweet, well Peter. Say goodbye to your boyfriend, this will be the last time you see him." The guy behind me shoved me forward and I stumbled across the roof, reaching Wade in moments. I fell to my knees and grabbed his face in my hands. "I love you." I whimpered and Wade sobbed. "Don't leave me too, I love you so much." I pressed a deep kiss to his lips and he kissed back. "Tell them I'll be okay. Make sure they know I love them." I whispered and a hand grabbed my arms. "Wade!" I struggled and Wade reached for me, only for a gun shot to ring out and my name to leave his lips with a broken scream. He fell forward, the bullet hole in his head leaking blood. I cried out, struggling against the person holding me. I pulled loose and ran to my dying boyfriend. He coughed and I cried into his shoulder. "I'll be okay Pete. I love you." I was grabbed again and dragged away from him. "WADE!"