Twenty-Two

"So where did you guys go?" Clint asked. It's only been a few hours since Wade and I got home. Bucky and Steve eventually joined us downstairs and I made sure Friday updated me on Dad's condition every hour. Wade answered for me, "We went to go visit my family up in Canada. The active X-Men were quite excited to learn that I hadn't gone completely downhill." I shoved his shoulder lightly and Wade laughed. I yawned, but I didn't want to go to sleep. "Hey," I nudged Wade with my shoulder. He looked down and gave me a inquisitive look. "Do you think I could have coffee?" He thought for a moment before shrugging. "I have no idea." I rubbed my eyes and looked up at the ceiling. "Friday, in my condition, would it be wise to have coffee?" I asked referring to the baby. "Mr. Parker with your current health, a cup of coffee would be alright, do not make it a regular thing." I grinned in excitement and pulled myself into a sitting position. "In your current health? I thought you were okay?" Steve asked and I looked at Wade, hoping he could make up some lie. "There is some lasting internal damage, we've had to be careful with some of the stuff he can and cannot injest." I breathed out in relief and sauntered into the kitchen.

I got my coffee and sat back on the couch, taking small sips. "Better?" Wade chuckled and I nodded happily. "So Peter, what exactly happened?" Sam questioned and I shut my eyes in pain. "The same men who killed my aunt, tracked me down, threatened to kill my boyfriend if I didn't go with them, they killed him anyway and..." I trialed off, tears building in my eyes. Wade took the mug out of my hand and pulled me into his arms. "I'm okay, see I didn't die." I calmed down and rubbed my stomach. Wade handed me my mug back and I settled into his arms. "I was tortured, raped, beaten, experimented on, starved, sleep deprived and made into a weapon. I died...so many times." I whispered the last part. My vision blurred and I took a sip of my coffee. "Those scars?" The voice was snarky, yet intrigued. "Stabbed, shot, burned, electrocuted." I couldn't even stop myself from flashing back if I wanted to.

"Who are you!" The voice shouted and the whip cracked, hitting my legs in various ways. "Peter Parker!" I screamed and collapsed. A kick landed into my stomach and I coughed up blood. "Take him out of my sight." The voice snarled and I was half dragged out of the blood stained room. I struggled in my weak state. "Stop struggling or you'll make it worse." A voice spoke in my ear. A collar clasped around my neck and I was dragged into a viewing room. I was thrown onto a bed, my underwear pulled down in the same motion. I thrashed around and tried to get whoever was trying to hurt me away. "Sedate him!" I screamed and a needle went into my neck.

"Peter!" I gasped and felt myself shaking. I collapsed onto the couch and turned into the cushions, screaming until my throat hurt. "Hey, it's just me." I cringed and curled into Wade, light sobs shaking my body. "Get him out of here, I don't want another question asked." Wade spat and I heard someone being chastised. "Baby it's okay, no one can hurt you." Hiccups left my mouth and I put my hands on my stomach, feeling the strong heartbeat under my skin. "He's okay." Wade reminded me and I buried my head into his shoulder. "Th-They whipped me. Even when I scream-med for i-it to stop." Another sob left my mouth and I broke down again, my hands finding fistfuls of Wade's shirt. "I know baby, what they did was wrong and inhumane. But we got them and they are never going to see light again. You're never going to be hurt again. Not if I have anything to say about it." "It hurts." I whimpered and I heard Wade breathe shakingly. I pulled away and stood up. Wade stood up too, holding his hands out in a way that looked like a mom trying to teach a toddler to walk. "Wanda." I choked out and Wade nodded, grabbing me and slowly helping me walk. "Wanda!" He called and I heard someone run to us. She appeared into view and her eyes widened when she saw me. "Make it go away." I begged and she nodded, her eyes going red. I felt myself going unconscious and I stumbled back into Wade.

Wade
Peter collapsed in my arms and a second later Wanda fell to the floor, breathing heavily and shaking. "He'll still remember it. It'll take time for the memories to stop being painful, but he won't panic as much when he remembers them. He may still break down, but there will be no fighting." I nodded and thanked her. She stood up and shuddered, her eyes hard and scarred. "What he went through cannot be put into words." She left me with him and I quickly scooped him up in my arms. I carried him back to the living room, laying him and myself down. I heard someone stumble in and Tony collapsed on the couch opposite to us. He eyed Peter and I heard him sigh. "What happened?" "Scott was being a dick and the newbies kept asking him how he got the scars. He spaced out and started to shake. I was able to get him to come to and he broke down. Wanda put him to sleep." Peter shifted against my chest and I put a hand on his stomach, lightly massaging the place his baby bump will end up being. "He threatened Steve." Tony chuckled and rubbed his chest painfully. I got a good look at him and I frowned when I saw the wedding ring indent on his cheek. "He beat you up?" Tony winced and nodded. "Bucky murdered my parents and I went after him...He stuck up for his best friend and beat the shit out of me. Cho said he threw his shield so hard it broke several of my ribs and ruptured my spleen." I looked at him again and I could see he feared his husband. "Divorce him." Tony snapped his head up and I could see the resolve in his eyes. He looked at Peter and I let my fingers caress the smaller one's cheek. "He will be okay. I don't feel comfortable with those two around here, especially not with a baby on the way. Steve willingly hurt you and stuck up for the same man that nearly murdered him."

Tony stood up and called for Nat. "I'm going to go talk to him, you're right, with how Peter is...I don't trust him to be in the same room with him."