Thirty

Peter
I woke up at an unknown hour in the living room. I heard Wade talking in the kitchen and I saw about a good half of the Avengers sitting around me. None of them noticed me wake up and I breathed out deeply, putting my hand over where the baby normally is. I had a dream that he died and it freaked me out. I felt his heartbeat and I breathed out in relief. Wade's right, whether this baby was born out of a hateful crime or not, I still love him. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I still felt off from earlier, but right now the baby and I are hungry. No one stirred from the spots, but I could feel some eyes on me. I shuffled into the kitchen and found Wade, his headphones in, drinking coffee. He set the mug down and I snuck up behind him, putting my arms around his waist. He tensed and then relaxed against my chest. He slipped out an earbud and moved us so that I was in front of him. He hugged me and I put my head on his chest, breathing through my nose. "How was your nap?" He asked and I sighed quietly. "Nightmares." He put his chin on the top of my head and held me tightly. "Are you feeling better?" He mumbled and I nodded tiredly. "A bit, I don't want to hurt myself anymore."

Wade pulled back and we stared at each other for a few seconds. "I love you Peter." He pressed his forehead to mine and I closed my eyes. "I love you too Wade." We stood there for a few moments and if I wasn't standing, I would've fallen asleep. "Are you hungry?" He pulled away and I nodded, leaning my back against the counter and yawning. "Okay I'll make you something to eat, go ahead and sit down." He smiled but it didn't quite reach his eyes. I wondered if I did that. I felt my fingers tingle and I shut my eyes and put my hands on my head, trying to not show that I was losing control. "You okay?" I opened my eyes and Wade looked at with worry. "Completely fine." He narrowed his eyes and turned back around. I quickly scrambled to a seat and put my hands in my lap. I looked down to see small sparks shooting off my fingers. "Wade I'm going to go to my bathroom." I stood up and shoved my hands in my hoodie. I went to the bathroom in our room. I closed the door and walked into the bathroom, my hands shaking. I put my hands on the counter and stared at my reflection. "Come on Pete calm down." I turned on the water put my hands under the stream. Small sparks flew off my fingers and I bit my lip. The last time I was out of control, I killed Hydra's best agent. To be fair, he was trying to assault me. "Baby?" I jumped and a spark lit up the stream of water. I shut the water off and put my hands behind my back. "What was that?" Wade asked, his steps toward me hesitant.

"N-Nothing." I stuttered and Wade went to touch me. "Wait don't touch me." I held up my hands to stop him going forward. I shoved my shaking hands into my pockets. "Why are your hands sparking?" I hung my head and shimmied up on the counter. "Its the same thing that happens when my body is exposed to liquid chemicals. I absorb them. Everytime I got electrocuted or shocked, I would absorb the shocks and electrical waves. It's the baby, the more he grows, the less control I'm in. I don't want to electrocute you." Wade stepped forward and put his fingers on my neck. He winced and I could feel the minor shock I just gave him. "Wade please." He shook his head and put his other hand on my stomach. I felt the baby respond, jerk to the feeling. "He likes you." I whispered and Wade smiled softly. "What if we calm the baby down?" I shrugged and put my forehead on his shoulder. "Worth a try." Wade moved his hand to my face and lifted my head up. He lightly pressed his lips to mine, though it wasn't really kissing. He pressed his fingers to my stomach then released the pressure. He kissed me for real and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Mr. Parker, Tony is requesting you downstairs." I pulled back and Wade chased my lips before stopping himself. "Better?" He whispered, his breath hitting my face. "Much." I kissed him again and he gripped my hips. "Peter!" Dad shouted from down the hall and I groaned, pulling away from the kiss.

I met with Dad in the hallway and he looked at us quizzically. "What happened?" I looked at Wade and he smiled. "Calming down the baby." He shrugged and grabbed my hand. "Well Pete, we want to go out, think you can handle it?" I felt my face fall, I'm just a big joke. I can't handle getting up in the morning. "Yeah I'll be fine." Dad nodded and grabbed his phone. "We're going somewhere nice. There will likely be reporters." I nodded and tried to swallow my sadness and panic. I couldn't panic on camera. Wade dragged me back into our room and he kissed my neck. "I know this is gonna freak you out, so how about we make you look unapproachable?" He bit a piece of my skin and my breath hitched. "H-how do you-oh-go about doing that?" He littered bruises across my neck and pulled back with a grin. "By being your big scary boyfriend." I laughed quietly and stood on my tippy toes, kissing him hard. "Mr. Parker, the car to pick you up will be here in 20 minutes." I pulled back from Wade and gave him a grin. "Quickie?" He laughed and put his fingers under the band of my sweats. "Absolutely."

I buttoned the second to last button at the top and stretched my arms out. I chose to wear nice black jeans and a black button up short sleeved shirt. "Ready to go?" Wade wrapped an arm around my waist and I looked him over. We wore the same thing, but he added a red tie and a beanie over his head. After the experiment, his hair has been growing back but not as fast as we hoped. "Yeah, we have our phones, wallets and the bag of vitamins right?" Wade handed me my phone and wallet. "I have the vitamins in my pocket. Once we eat, I'll give them to you." I grabbed his hand and we left, my hands shaking slightly. "Baby calm down, we don't want the baby freaking out." He kissed my jaw and I breathed in and out deeply. "I'm okay." I promised and Wade gripped my hand tighter.

We stood with the rest of the Avengers. Dad stood with Steve and Bucky and he looked uncomfortable. "Why is he standing with him?" I asked Nat and she sighed, rubbing her arm. "The media doesn't know they're divorcing. They don't want you being in the middle of publicized custody battle. Steve has already agreed that Tony can have you, but Steve wants visitation rights and unless you're sick, you can't not see him." I growled under my breath and Wade let go of my hand and put his arm around my waist, holding onto my belt loop. "Not in public." He whispered in my ear and I frowned. "Fine." 

Happy picked us up and I squeezed in the very back with Wade and the Maximoff twins. "This is gonna be fun."