Thirty-Five

Time skip to 2 months into the pregnancy
"Pete I don't want you going!" Wade cried out and I sighed, feeling anxious and tired. "I have to Wade, if I don't then I don't graduate." Wade frowned and put his head in his hands. Cho visited and said that if I didn't stop moving around too much, then I'd lose the baby. I spent 3 days scared to do anything. "Online." He muttered in the empty space and I looked at him hopelessly. "I can't live like that. I can't be stuck in the house anymore." Wade lifted his head and I saw the ring of red that came with the building tears around his eyes. "You're going to kill him." I felt my mouth drop open. "No I'm not! I'll be fine and I know damn well when something will happen!" My voice rose and Wade stood up, fear and worry in his face. "No you're just being stubborn! You move around too much even here!" I turned away and hung my head. "I can't sit here and watch you kill him." Wade whispered and I felt my heart break. "Are you leaving me?" I turned around again and felt the tears fall. "I...I just need some time away." I slipped from the room and went to the lounge. We had just finished renovating the penthouse and now...

A sob left my lips and Dad poked his head out of the kitchen. "Where's Wade?" The elevator dinged and Wade stepped into the lounge, his eyes puffy and a sad smile. "I'll be back." "I'll try not to kill him when you're gone." I spat and his face dropped. "Pete that's not what I meant." I stood up and angrily wiped away the tears. "That's exactly what you meant when you accused me of killing him!" Dad stepped between us and put his hands out. "Wade I think you need to go cool down. Pete you're not going to school." I groaned and collapsed on the couch. "I love you Pete." I didnt respond and Wade sighed.

I curled up in my bed, every few minutes I wiped away my tears. My hand was on my stomach and I could feel the baby's distress. "I know Perce." A broken sob left my mouth and I grabbed Wade's pillow, burying my head in it. Why do I have to act like such a child? I pushed the blankets off my legs and slid out of the bed. I stumbled from our bedroom and to the lounge. I held in a few sobs and just let my shoulders shake. I could hear a movie being played and I hoped no one would notice my state. "Pete?" Aunt Nat asked and the movie paused. The lights went on and everyone stood up. Dad sighed and stood up, pulling me into his arms. "He's going to be back." I shook my head and pressed my lips together in a hard line. "You don't know that. I'm killing the kid and I'm just a stubborn brat." I cried and Dad shushed me, running his hands through my hair.

I kind of cried myself to a half asleep state and Dad laid me down on the couch. "What happened?" Clint asked quietly, his arms wrapped around Pietro. Dad sighed and rubbed my leg. I clung to my stomach and my fingers twisted my engagement ring with slow motions. "Cho put Peter on specific orders not to move around too much or the baby won't make it. Pete wanted to go to school and Wade freaked out. They argued and Wade left to go clear his head." A few stray tears left and I wiped with the sleeve of my hoodie. "C-Cable said all six of my kids will make it. They live forever." I whispered and Dad looked at me with sad eyes. "They can't if you jeopardize their future." I buried my head in the couch and felt the baby shift. "Do you think he'll come home?" I whispered and Clint spoke up, "Of course he will. He loves you Pete. He loves your kid. I've never seen a man adapt so well to bad circumstances. He's just worried and he doesn't want to seem like he hates you. He couldn't leave you, not after everything he and you have been through." I twisted my ring again and sat up. "I can't sleep alone." I muttered and Dad held out his hand. "Sleep with me then."

I woke up with no one holding me and I felt my world crash again. I miss him. I miss him waking me up with kisses and holding me until I really had to get up. The door to the room opened and Dad slipped through. "Good morning Pete. Did you want to try school?" I nodded tiredly and rubbed my eyes. "We've found a wheelchair that will work with a move of a hand, so you don't have to strain yourself. We've already notified the school." I sat up and felt for Percy's heartbeat. I found it and sighed in relief. "Is he okay?" I asked and Dad looked hesitant. "We don't know where he is. He didn't take the jet." I nodded and pushed myself out of bed.

I got in the shower and had to hold myself from ripping off the showerhead in fear. I thought I was doing better. I got out and got dressed before strapping my backpack to the wheelchair and sitting in the seat, crossing my legs. I put a hand on my stomach and a picture came through my vision. He's confused. "I know buddy." I muttered sympathetically and sighed. "I love you." I whispered and put my hand over the moving thing. The wheelchair whirled to life and I moved forward, to the kitchen.

I stood against the car and Dad pulled the chair out of the car. I felt exactly like I did when I broke my back and I had lost feeling to my legs. I scanned the crowd and found my two best friends watching me cautiously. I waved them over and Dad stood up, pointing to the chair. I got in it and crossed my legs, effectively cradling my stomach well. MJ reached me first and she grabbed the back of my chair. "Is he okay?" Ned asked Dad. Dad pushed a hand through his hair. "Doctor said to protect his kid, he can't be straining himself." Ned nodded and MJ ruffled my hair. "Well we got him and when Wa-" Dad shushed them and I put my head in my hands. "Oh that son of a bitch." MJ hissed and pushed me forward.

"Have fun!"