Chapter 32 : I remind you

JENNIE'S POV

"Listen to me, I need a few minutes of attention before you go back to your respective classes," Lisa spoke into the microphone and the room fell into an instant silence. Three classes including us were called to attend the information session held by Lisa and two other teachers whom I recently discovered to be close friends. I was able to catch their names once when we were visiting a museum. The shorter of the two is named Jisoo and the tall blonde I thought she was flirting with Lisa is named Rosé. According to my observations, they were the three youngest professors at the university.

The students wondered why we were here but no one had the answer. There was a rumor that we would go on a trip to enrich our culture. If that was the case, I was looking forward to it because it was not often that these kinds of projects were done within the university. Regarding the budget, no one was worried about it because we all came from a wealthy family and we were studying at one of the most prestigious universities in the country. 

"I think the news has been circulating for some time but I found it necessary to confirm this rumor. You may not be aware of it, but my colleagues and I have been working on this project for quite some time. It consists of going to another country on the Asian continent where you will be brought there to discover the culture by yourself. The choice of the country is still undetermined but we will inform you as soon as possible. The end of the year is fast approaching, this means that in a few months time you will be expected to be responsible adults using all the knowledge you would have learned by leaving here. We therefore hope that this cultural trip will open you up to the outside world by developing your critical thinking skills. You will soon receive more information about administrative formalities such as passports as we did not want a student to be left stranded at the airport on the day of departure. Do you have any questions so far?"

The question and answer session continued before ending with a sheet with a summary of today's information. The crowd of students rushed out the only way out of the room, forcing me to retreat because I hated being pushed. I didn't understand this urge to crawl into a single hole when we were going to get out anyway.

"Is there a problem between you and Mrs. Manoban?" Yeeun nudged me pointing her head towards where Lisa was standing with her friends talking. She wore her black blazer again, which made her look stunning as always. But if some people saw her outfits outside of her classes, I'm sure more than one would get their panties wet.

"Nothing special, why?" it was a lie. I just wasn't in the mood to share with anyone. My friends were informed to the slightest detail about me and Lisa minus the intimate part although they tease me about it each time I came back with a fucking huge hickey. In spite of this, they are still not used to this quite special bond, especially when they also had her as their professor.

"There's this tension between you when you look at each other. It's like a couple fighting,"

"Nonsense, Yeeun. There can't be tension when there's nothing between us," I might have said sarcastically because it made her laugh.

"Oh my dear Jennie!" she placed her arm on my shoulders with a big smile on her face.

"What?" she was really starting to scare me.

"I'm 99% sure you've fallen in love with our beloved literature professor," she said seriously and it was my turn to act weird because I was bursting out laughing. She and her friends looked at us briefly before returning to their conversation with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Very funny, honey,"  I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm serious, Jennie. I know you well enough to say you're trying to convince yourself you don't feel anything by making fun of what I just said. You just don't assume it's the truth,"