26 - A Peaceful Death

I sprinted behind Tanjirou who was following behind Inosuke. The run was quiet until Inosuke came to a stop lifting his hand to point forward.

"It's over there we're fucking close!" He yelled and began to pick up the pace.

As we ran I pulled out my sword realizing there were faint footsteps up ahead, most likely from another demon. I came to a stop when the two boys in front of me did, and we were met with a giant body with no head. Its hands were razor-sharp and his arms were covered in veins.

The body lunged forward throwing his hands at us in an attempt to cut us. We easily dodged spreading out in different ways. I jumped to the creatures back and crouched down kicking my leg at the 'things' ankles in an attempt to knock it over. The creature stumbled a bit but regained its balance immediately because of the strings attached to it.

"HOW THE HELL CAN WE KILL THIS THING?" Inosuke questioned. "IT HAS NO HEAD!"

The body turned around and began running towards Tanjirou who acted quickly jumping into a flip. His leg kicked upwards as he dodged the demon.

"INOSUKE JUMP!" Tanjirou yelled out and the other boy complied using his wooden box as a stepping stool.

"Full focus, Breath of the water third form:

The beating tide!"

Tanjirou quickly swung his sword cutting into the demons ankles sending him falling forward.

"CUT HIS SHOULDER!" Tanjirou demanded.

Inosuke turned his body mid-air and used all his force to cut into the creature's shoulders. He split him in half and the body fell forward slowly disappearing.

I smiled a victorious feeling rushing over me as I ran back towards the boys. I came to a stop when I saw Inosuke charge at Tanjirou grabbing his body and throwing him into the air.

"I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU CAN DO BASTARD!" He screamed as Tanjirou flew away.

I watched his body fly as I gasped and began chasing him. I followed him until I came to stop to be met face to face with a white girl. Her body was littered in red dots and she wore a long white Kimono. Tanjirou spotted her and positioned his sword ready to cut her head off.

'This must be the demon we were looking for' I thought.

Not paying any attention to the brunette my eyes were fixated on the beautiful demon. She looked horrified only for a moment before she raised her hands, almost welcoming what was to come.

The world slowed down as I saw her smile growing when she held out her small hands. At that moment she looked so fragile and vulnerable, I wish I could've gone to her and just hugged her. Tanjirous eyes widened as he went through with the slash her head rolling off.

Her face turned to a peaceful expression as her final tears fell. Her body went limp and her hands fell to her side, finally meeting her death. My body moved on its own as I ran forward and grabbed her hand putting it to my forehead.

"Rest well." I whispered and her body disappeared.

When I turned around I looked at Tanjirou who was staring at me with wide eyes. It didn't dawn on me what I had done until I stared into his eyes. I felt a shiver go down my spine and I shook my head.
'What the hell was that y/n??' I thought as I turned to look behind me at the rock where the woman sat.

Even though I felt confused with my actions as I looked at that rock I felt a wave of sorrow flow over me. Shaking it off I patted my hips and walked forward to Inosuke who was running at us.

"Did you defeat her?" He asked and Tanjirou nodded. "I did."

He walked closer to the other boy and pointed at his arm, which was badly injured.

"Inosuke are you alright?" Tanjirou questioned and the boar boy raised his arm in defense.

"CAN YOU NOT THINK ABOUT ME!" He began his voice echoing through the dark woods. "YOU KNOW I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU CAN! MY HEAD IS GONNA BE MUCH TOUGHER THAN YOURS-"

The boy carried on and I smiled ripping a part of my uniform. I tied it around his arm as he cried out in protest, screaming that he didn't need it.

Once I finished wrapping him I turned my attention to Tanjirou who was frowning. I moved my hand to his cheeks and cupped his cheek in a loving manor.

"I know it's hard." I whispered and he looked at me with sad eyes.

He placed his hand on my hand and grabbed it putting down by his side. He forced a smile for me and squeezed my hand.

I felt my heart race as I turned around looking towards the dark forest, this was going to be a long night.

———————
helloo!!
uhm wow its been a min hasnt it AA

SO I kinda died mainly bc of school and bs like that but im back with a chapter!
This is kinda short and rushed ngl but I tried my best to write out how y/n felt about the mother demon yknow.

Daily panel:

her death was so beautiful man- i legit CRIED

🌸🍦🎀💗