27 - Giyuu

We continued the path forward until we came across a small stream. The water flowed fast and it wasn't deep, barely reaching past our ankles. Tanjirou and Inosuke had been bickering over random things, but it made the dark atmosphere of the forest a bit more bearable.

I stepped forward to the creek but stopped when I was met with a younger girl crouched over the water. She noticed us quick enough, and when she did she took off running towards the forest.

"WAIT-" I called but she cut me off.

"FATHER!" She cried and a giant demon landed inches from my face.

My whole body froze for moments until I was forced to jump back when he swung his arms at me. A shiver was sent down my spine as I pulled out my blade, taking my place in between Tanjirou and Inosuke. I wasn't one to be afraid of demons, but just the sight of this one had me recoiling.

The demon made an animalistic noise and I took a moment to look at his face. It was that of the spider, he had many eyes and nasty fangs stuck out of his face. He raised his hand over his head and punched into the ground under us. It broke underneath our feet and the force of the blow sent us all flying back.

"GET AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!" The creature screeched and raised his head to begin his attacks once again.

He lunged forward at us, but both Tanjirou and I took the air before he had the chance to hit us. Tanjirou sunk his sword into the demon's arm but it didn't cut through, his skin was too strong. I took the chance to jump at him from behind, but he rotated his body to throw Tanjirou at me.

He crashed into me but I only staggered pushing the boy right back up. Inosuke stood next to us now but not for long, he took off running at the demon but he missed and the demon used his arm to swing at the boy. When he jumped back I ran to his side, just missing the tree that had been cut down by Tanjirou seconds ago.

The tree bore its weight down on the demon making him fall to the ground. Tanjirou took the chance and attempted to get a strike at his head, but he didn't get far because the demon stood up and grabbed the tree chucking it at the brunette.

He went flying into the air, sent to the sky by the blast.

"TANJIROU!" I cried out and I tightened my grip on my sword.

"DON'T DIE INOSUKE, Y/N! HE IS A MEMBER OF THE TWELVE DEMON MOON, DO NOT DIE TILL I GET BACK!" the boy cried as he rushed through the air, being sent farther and farther away.

Despite the worry blossoming in my chest, I jumped back into action immediately sinking my sword into the demon. He was caught off guard by my attack, too busy watching my beloved soar through the air.

As I attempted to push off him the demon grabbed my leg throwing me off balance. His grip on my leg tightened as I cried out in pain, which only fueled his amusement. He held me up by my leg and as much as I attempted to wriggle out of his grasp, it only tightened.

"Stay away from my family." He muttered before he pulled back throwing my body like it weighed nothing.

I crashed into a nearby tree, which knocked the air out of my lungs. Pushing myself off the ground I let out a long wheeze, still winded from the blow. I allowed myself a second to gain my breath and when I finally did I opened my eyes, I only realized my vision was clouded and blurry. When I attempted to lift my head more pain shot down my neck.