18 - Separated

Stepping into the house, for the second time I found myself beside Tanjirou. Zenitsu followed behind me, clinging onto my Haori and whining.

"Tanjirou, Y/N, you'll protect me, right?" He whimpered and I ignored him peaking down the corner at the end of the hall.

I looked around brushing Zenitsu off my back. Peering around I made sure no demons we're coming before I walked back over to the group to join the conversation.

"Oh Zenitsu, I forgot to tell you-" Tanjirou began pointing to his ribcage.

"Both Y/N and I are injured." He said and I sighed watching Zenitsu's face twist into horror.

"HURT?! OH MY GOD IM GONNA DIE!" He screamed clutching his face.

"Zenitsu it's fine!" I assured but the boy only screamed louder.

Biting my lip in annoyance and worry I glanced around making sure there was nothing stalking us.
Just as I turned my head I heard footsteps coming towards us. Spinning around I saw the two children running straight at us.

"You can't come in here!" Tanjirou yelled in panic.

I watched the whole event play out only to realize Nezuko was left all alone in the sunlight.

I jogged over to Tanjirou and placed my hand on his arm, he looked over at me.

"Nezuko is alone-" I whispered and his eyes widened.

The children huddled together as Tanjirou panicked pulling out his sword. I followed pulling out mine.

Looking around the area I saw nothing but I paused when I heard a very faint heartbeat. I cupped my ear only to realize it was a demons heartbeat. I panicked and turned to Tanjirou but didn't make it very far when a drumming sound rang out.

Zenitsu screamed and fell back taking the little boy with him. The room suddenly changed and Zenitsu had completely disappeared, I widened my eyes looking over to Tanjirou who was just as confused.

I looked around but stopped when the little girl began to sob. Dropping my sword I kneeled down and began to wipe her tears.

"Hey, don't cry!" I said and she looked up at me.

I smiled at her smoothing down her hair. "Don't worry we'll be okay, we're going to find your brother okay?" I reassured and she nodded.

Tanjirou also kneeled down giving her a smile. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Teruko." She said and I nodded.

Standing up I brushed myself off and picked up my sword. Turning around I was met with something I didn't expect: a demon.

I pulled out my sword and nudged Tanjirou who immediately shot up when he saw. We slowly began to walk backward pushing Teruko behind us.

"Get behind the shelf." Tanjirou whispered.

When she was hidden he jumped towards the beast shouting. I stood behind near the girl as he attacked. The demon didn't even glimpse at us, just continued to mutter to himself.

Tanjirou swang at him only for the demon to dodge him and bang his drum. The whole room shifted as I jumped into action grabbing Teruko, I sprinted at Tanjirou and threw the girl at him.

"Y/N!" Tanjirou screamed and reached out his hand, but I wasn't quick enough and our fingers slipped through one another.

'Tanjirou!' I thought as the room spun and I fell back through the thin walls. Tanjirou was hanging on to Teruko and the door as he watched me fall.

If I hadn't thrown Teruko she would've been crushed by the shelf, though I did end up getting injured. Falling through the door I fell into another room; Before I could hit the ground the room switched again and I hit the ground landing on my wrist.

I was happy to figure out it wasn't broken just sprained. I sighed standing up and looked around me, it was a room I hadn't seen yet. Pulling out my sword I realized I'm going to be alone the rest of this battle.

'Don't give up Y/N' I told myself as I left the room and made my way down the dark hallways.

——————

hello!! New chapter alert!!!

Anyways I hope u enjoyed this (shorter) chapter!! I liked it tbh idek why it just made me happy writing the scene between tanji and y/n and like when she fell! DRAMA!!

daily panel! I think inosuke looks so fricken COOL!!

anyways ! vote and leave a comment, thanks for reading THIS chapter

🌸🏩💌🌷💖🦋💘