3 - Hand Demon

Tanjirou and I climbed the steep rocks making our way up the hill.

The kind-hearted boy hadn't left my side since we entered the final selection. We spoke a bit here and there, but it was never awkward.

I smiled to myself as we began walking back into the forest. The peaceful sounds of the forest setting me aloof.

But all of that changed when the bush beside us shook. The scream that came after wasn't something we could ignore.

Out from the bush ran a boy with a black haori and striped pants. His face was horror-stricken as his friend was held by the neck. Behind him was a giant demon chasing after him. The monster had hidden his body behind hundreds of arms, each arm was covered in veins and the demon's eyes were filled in hunger.

I ran forward grabbing the boy with the striped pants and Tanjirou jumped in front of the beast.

The boy held by his neck was tossed aside. The demon looked away and towards Tanjirou his face lighting up in amusement.

"Ah!"

"Here comes another, cute little fox."

The demons sentence sent a shiver down my spine. My eyes widened as I stepped back taking a fighting stance. The boy with the black haori cowered behind me leaving me open for the demon.

Tanjirou on the other side of the monster looked over to me, seeing my tensed body he attempted to run over but the demon stopped him, throwing his hand in between us.

He turned to Tanjirou and quirked a sinister brow.

"Hey little fox?
What year of the Meji is it?"

The brunette boy paused before cautiously answering.

"Its the Taisho era."

The demon began to scream, his shrieks echoing throughout the surrounding area. When the demon finally came to a stop he pointed at Tanjirou, a devilish smile seeping onto his face.

"Hey little fox, fourteen."

Tanjirou's eyes widened in confusion as I felt my heart falter. The fiend's smile twisting into the most wicked grin I've seen.

"I've devoured 13 of Urokodaki's little followers, and you'll be the fourteenth!"

I widened my eyes as I looked up at the demon. He was laughing down at Tanjirou whose fists clenched against his sword.

I felt my heart quicken the anger in me overflowing. Tears pricked at my eyes as I opened my mouth.

"This is evil.." I whispered and moved my sword to take a stance.

"Breath of the blossoms

Fifth form: floral dance"

My voice was unsteady as I breathed in. I took a step forward pointing my blade in front of me. Vines grew from the ground as they grabbed onto the arms and held them down.

I jumped forward slashing every arm that was tied down. The demon, who was furious, grew another arm and grabbed my waist. He squeezed as I let out a loud cry. Quickly grabbing my blade I stabbed it into the giant's fingers.

Enraged the demon threw me onto the ground. My ears rang as I turned myself over and propped myself up. I heard Tanjirou behind me screaming my name and his footsteps coming closer.

I moved my hand to stop the boy from coming closer. Instead I pointed at the demon and clenched my other hand.

"Tanjirou please win."

When I said that Tanjirou paused and slowly nodded. He turned on his heel and charged at the demon. His eyes filled with rage, and his thoughts filled with nothing but avenging those lost to the demon.

——————

I suck at writing action omg ):

but tell me if you enjoyed it !! next chapter ill do a bit better, this chapter is trash uffuuf

🥺💖💗🌸🍰