2 - The meeting

The day had finally come. I set off early in the morning, waving goodbye to the couple of townspeople who came to greet me.

I departed from the town and began walking towards the site. The trip was about a 14-hour walk, so I would arrive right before it began.

Excitement overcame me and I began to jog. I jogged for as long as I could before I stopped and sat down to eat lunch.

Hours had passed as I just kept traveling my pink haori trailing behind me. I walked through a couple of towns, the nichirin blade gaining a couple of stares and whispers.

Before I knew it the sun was beginning to set. I had made it to the site, being met with the many glowing wisteria trees. I stopped and watched as they swayed in the wind as if beckoning me forward.

I walked up the steps finally reaching the top of the mountain. I looked around, mostly men who met my stare.

One man in particular stared for too long. His blue Haori decorated in clouds stuck out to me. I didn't understand why but I felt the warmth from the boy like he was welcoming me to him, telling me to come over.

So I did.

I walked over to the boy. He turned my way when he heard my footsteps.

"umm, " I whispered to him as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"I- I actually have nobody to be with, and you looked extremely welcoming. I'm sorry if this is-" He cut me off with a smile.

"I don't mind! Nice to meet you, my name is Tanjirou!" He said shooting me a bright grin.

I immediately smiled back as I stood next to him.

I could tell he wasn't a liar.

——————

Eventually, two children came out. Both with white hair, they were identical twins. They stood in front of us with beautiful kimonos and hairpins.

"Greetings everyone, thank you all for joining the final selection."

They spoke like robots, barely any emotion in their voices. They both stepped aside and told us to walk forward, warning us about the dangers ahead.

Tanjirou never left my side as we walked forward. It gave me a sense of comfort. We walked into the final selection grounds and Tanjirou began sprinting and I followed him.

Right off the bat, we were met with two large demons. I could tell they weren't extremely powerful, but they would still pose as a challenge.

I stopped where I stood and positioned my sword.

"Breath of the blossoms

fourth form: slicing cherries"

I stepped back and drew my sword. The sound of the sword drawing made the demons look over to me. Petals scattered around me as I jumped up. I breathed in quickly and slashed my sword cutting off the smaller demons head.

Blood splattered behind me as the lifeless body fell to the ground. I looked over to my right and saw Tanjirou fighting another demon, he quickly chopped off his head. The demon screamed in agony quickly trying to get a slash in before turning to ashes and disappearing.

I stood there for a second before Tanjirou came over to me and patted my shoulder. "Good job! Uh-" he paused.

"Y/N!" I said and he smiled.

"Good job Y/N!" He repeated and began walking along side me.

I think this is the beginning of a blossoming friendship.

——————

uwu i love them both already!

Our first breathing style was introduced

Fourth Form: slicing blossoms!

Demon kill count:
y/n: 1
Tanjirou: 1

🎀🌸☁️💞🍰🍥