19 - Zenitsu

My legs ached as I wandered the endless hallways. Every once in awhile the drum would beat, and I would find myself in a new room or falling cause the room would turn.

I walked aimlessly searching for Zenitsu or Tanjirou, but with my luck I found nobody. Opening the door in front of me I saw a strange-looking demon leave the room. I widened my eyes as I ran towards it following it down the hallway. Strangely, it didn't turn towards me and continued forward. It seemed to know where it was going so I followed it hoping it would take me somewhere.

We turned to the next hallway and the demon crawled under the wooden porch and stopped. I observed as it waited patiently staring at the door in front of us.

I cautiously stepped back and hid behind the corner. The demon didn't seem interested in me so I waited to see what it was looking for.

A couple of minutes passed and I heard footsteps heading towards my area. Holding up my sword I watched as the door slid open to reveal Zenitsu and Shoichi. Zenitsu was shaking and hiding behind the younger boy who seemed to lead looking for his sister. I stayed behind the wall waiting for what was going to happen.

The demon suddenly crawled out from under the wooden patio and scrambled towards the boys. I gasped and ran out of my hiding space.

I attempted to slash at the demon but it used its legs kick at me. I fell back from the kick landing on my already, sprained ankle. I cried out and stood back up but I wasn't fast enough.

Zenitsu had grabbed Shoichi and jumped into the next room. The demon jumped up onto the platform and began pursuing them. I panicked trying to run towards them but my ankle was so badly hurt, I could barely move.

I watched Zenitsu scream as he held onto the younger crying boy. I wouldn't make it in time.

Panic took over my body as I watched Zenitsu scream. I had to try to run or else the demon would get the two boys. In the chaos of it all I looked up I noticed Zenitsu wasn't screaming anymore, he had passed out.

Shoichi was shaking him begging him to get up, but he didn't budge. I began limping again but slipped and fell over, in a panic I screamed.

"ZENITSU GET UP!"

In a flash, the tongue of the demon came clean off. The demon's tongue fell onto the ground, and it took a second for the ghoul to realize what had happened. I gasped and looked over to Zenitsu who was standing up.

His eyes were closed as he slowly drew back his leg taking a deep breath in. He grabbed the handle of his sword.

"Breath of the thunder,

First style: Thunderclap"

He dashed forward unsheathing his blade. In the blink of an eye, the demons head came clean off. I widened my eyes extremely impressed at Zenitsu's skills; He was genuinely amazing.

I looked closer at the boy and realized that he was asleep. 'He must only know how to use his breathing technique while asleep' I thought and smiled. He opened his eyes again and looked around, but screamed when he saw the dead demon disappearing.

"Y/N~ DID YOU SAVE US?!" He squeaked and I grinned shaking my head.

He looked at me confused but ignored me looking at Shoichi. I took my chance to stand up but it didn't take long for my ankle to give in. I fell down and clutched it biting my lip in pain.

I slowly slipped off my sock to look at my wound. It was a dark shade of purple and extremely swollen, I sighed. Zenitsu looked down at me in concern.

"Leave me here." I said pulling back up my sock.

"I can't do that!" He said back but I shushed him.

"Zenitsu I can't walk, our mission is to save the children and kill the demon." I said looking up at Shoichi.

Zenitsu still tried to resist but I refused to go. I stood up again and put my hand out in front of me.

"I promise I won't die, I'll find a way out once it's safe." I said and he gave me a serious look.

I'd never seen him look so serious, I honestly felt bad; nonetheless, my statement was final. He nodded and took my hand, we shook and he turned around taking off with Shoichi.

I sat back down on the ground leaning my body against the wall. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but our mission comes first. We chose to be demon slayers for a reason, and if that means sacrificing ourselves for the people, then that's what we'll do. Even though I knew that doubt filled me.

'Mom, am I doing the right thing?' I thought, putting my knees to my chest.

I was scared.

—————

Heyo!! Sorry for not updating school is stupid lmfao.

BUT: I acc like this chapter, so I hope u do too. Zenitsu is such a good character, idk if some of u guys dont read the manga but he's genuinely so COOL!!

But besides that, Y/N's character development is yummy.

daily panel bc i genuinely love the way Tanjirou is drawn, his stance is 👴

💞💓✨🌷🦋