Chapter 35: How Cliche?

Chapter 35: How Cliché?

My eyes fluttered open as I felt something wet and slimy move across my face. I scrunched my nose up as my little dog, Pepper, bounced into my view. Yeah, that’s what I named my dog that Dylan gave me. I could not give a good answer as to why except that she kind of looks like pepper? I don’t know.

“Awh Pepper, stop that,” I groaned, picking her up lightly and placing her next to me. She barked happily and I couldn’t help but smile. She was just too cute.

Before I could even move out of bed, Emily, Emma, and Nicole all bounded through my door with huge smiles on their faces. “Today’s the day!” Nicole sang happily as she sat down on the edge of my bed.

“It’s the showcase and you’re getting your boot off!” Emma squealed, throwing her hands up in the air.

“So up, up, up. We have a lot to do today,” Emily motioned for me to get up, which I did with no complaints.e

“And today’s Dylan’s boxing Nationals,” I muttered, grabbing my crutches and walking to the bathroom.

“Yeah, that too,” Nicole mumbled. “Are you going to text him good luck?”

“Only if he does first,” I shrugged. Obviously, I was still hurt, it still was painful to think of him. But I wasn’t going to cry anymore. Yesterday was good for us, I wasn’t angry at him, I just had to get over it.

I got in and out of the shower with ease and as soon as I was dressed in yoga pants and my high school dance team’s sweatshirt, my friends drove me to the doctors. My bag was stuffed in the trunk and my costumes were hanging on the handle on top of the door.

“Are you excited?” Emma asked as she looked over her shoulder into the back seats. She was sitting in the passenger seat and Emily was driving like usual. Nicole was sitting in the back with me.

“I guess so, it will be good to dance again. Hopefully it won’t hurt,” I replied, looking down at my phone, itching for a text from Dylan.

“You’re not dancing on pointe right?” Nicole wondered, her fingers moving fast across the screen of her phone. Probably texting my brother, I thought in disgust. I shuddered as the image of her hooking up with my brother flashed in my mind. Ewe.

“No regular ballet shoes, I talked to John about it.” I answered, and we kept up the mindless chatter until Emily parked in front of the doctors.

We made our way to the waiting room and checked in. We sat down for about five minutes until my name was called. We all got up and followed the nurse to one of the rooms.

“So you’re getting your boot off today,” She smiled happily. “Are you excited?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” I nodded.

“Well the doctor will be in in any minute,” She told us and smiled before leaving.

“I can’t wait to get out of here and just start getting ready for the showcase,” I muttered, kicking my feet aimlessly. They all agreed as the doctor walked in. We all grew silent as this gorgeous young man smiled at us. Holy crap, he was hot.

“Hi Nina, are you ready to get your boot off?” He asked, smiling brightly. He had to be way too young to be a doctor. He looked fresh out of high school! Holy hell, we were all speechless.

“U-uh, sure,” I breathed and I internally groaned as he smirked. Oh god, that was even hot! But not as hot as when Dylan smirks. My subconscious sneered and I mentally sighed in defeat. No one would be as hot as Dylan.