Chapter 16: She's Special Because She's Nina

"I can't believe the day we have finally been waiting for is tomorrow!" Nicole squealed, bouncing along in the hallway. Today was Friday, meaning that the huge Miss Alpine Pageant was tomorrow.

Nicole, Emily, Emma, and I were all walking down to the main office to see who exactly else we were going up against. Our school gladly supported the whole dance, posters and signs everywhere. They even have a list of all the girls participating near the front of the school which was where we were headed now.

I rolled my eyes as I caught sight of the neon pink computer paper with the large words of "Miss Alpine Pageant, October 6. Come on out to the Alpine Country Club!" That would be the thousandth neon paper I saw lining just this very hall.

"I know right, I wonder who else we're going up against," Emma spoke thoughtfully. We all knew that majority of the girls would be us and the Trio. This year has been awaited for a long time since we're the next girl generation of the Founding Families. (A/N If you forgot about the Founding Families, it means that their ancestors founded the town!)

All of our moms participated in the Miss Alpine Pageant years back and it was actually my mom who won with her escort who happened to be my dad. There was even a huge framed picture on one of our staircases.

We reached the paper which was surrounded by a group of girls. "Excuse me," I smiled politely and the girls made a pathway for the four of us to get through. My eyes widened once I saw all of the names printed neatly on the white sheet.

Miss Alpine Pageant Line Up:

Emma Anderson

Joanna Barb

Emily Hale

Veronica Marshall

Nicole Miller

Nina Parris

Amber Parris

Bianca Summers

Hailey Walker

"Ronnie's in this?" I wondered aloud. If she's in this, I think I'm going to die. First, she was all over my boyfriend. And second, now she sends me death glares when I pass her in the hall and calls me a bitch in front of me. I wanted to deck her so hard and pull her hair out of her head.

"I guess so, her name is Veronica Marshall," Emily muttered, rolling her eyes. It seemed as though they hated her just as much as I did all because of the stupid little comments she has about me and my boyfriend.

"Great, just great," I moaned, following them to the lunch room. I ran my fingers through my wavy hair, frustrated that I have to go up against her. If she wins, she probably would pounce on Dylan the second she and him got a free second.

"All the more reason to beat her," Emma patted my shoulder and smiled encouragingly.

"Yeah, if you win she'll leave you and Dylan alone," Nicole agreed, opening the door and holding it open for all of us.

"Thanks," We all mumbled, stepping into the lunch room.

"I hope so, like God, she's annoying," I shook my head in disapproval and looked straight at our table, my eyes connecting with Dylan. He shot me a breathtaking smile which immediately lifted my mood to the Heavens. We all strolled to the table and I took my normal seat, Dylan's hand finding mine and entwining our fingers.