Chapter 28: What The Actual?

Dylan’s POV

I knew I royally fucked up. I knew that a simple apology would not make Nina forgive me after what I did. I knew I had to find a way to show her that I was truly sorry and that I did want her to forgive me.

So I found the cheesiest thing I could do, I made her her favorite snack, chocolate cupcakes with icing. With a nice apology written throughout the cupcakes, I placed them on a platter three hours later that Mary provided for me. Of course, Mary helped me make them and decorate them, but I think they came out as good as they can get for me. I just really hope she appreciates it.

I knew I didn’t have much time since my friends texted me about an hour ago saying they were coming over soon, so I thanked Mary and hastily walked up the stairs to where I knew Nina would be.

The cupcakes in the top two corners had white icing and dark purple hearts and the two cupcakes in between them had light purple icing on the bottom and a white rose (done by Mary of course) on top. The four cupcakes in the next row had purple icing and the words ‘I’m Sorry’ printed in cursive across them, and the row below that held two cupcakes on the side with white icing and then light purple, dark purple, and lime green fluffs on top. The two cupcakes in between those had white icing and two light purple hearts and then the last row consisted of the different color fluffs and the white roses done by Mary.

Very girly if you ask me, I felt like a female baker making these, but honestly, I would do anything to make it up to Nina. And if that so happened to be me making a few girly cupcakes to put a smile on her face, then so be it. I just hope she forgives me.

Knocking lightly on her door, I heard a few sniffles and a hoarse ‘Come in’ from Nina, making me feel even shittier than before. Opening her door, her eyes widened a nice amount before narrowing on the cupcakes I had on the platter.

“I know you are angry with me, but I made you these cupcakes to show how sorry I am. I want you there for me, hell, you’re the only person I want there for me. I’m sorry I screamed at you, and uh… yeah. Please forgive me,” I smiled sheepishly and held out the cupcakes for her to come get them. She sniffled again and wiped her eyes before smiling slightly.

“Did Mary help?” Were the first three words out of her mouth. I laughed lightly, and nodded my head slightly.

“Only on a few, I mean do you really think I could perfect roses like these?” I teased, moving across the room so that I sat next to her on her bed.

“Of course not,” She mumbled, her eyes hungrily roaming the cupcakes.

“I know you want them, and I will give them to you… Just tell me you forgive me,” I pleaded, showing her my puppy dog face.

She bit her lip, pretending to think over things for a second. “Well how can I say no to cupcakes?” She grabbed one of the cupcakes with a heart on it, and bit into it, moaning a little from the taste. I shifted on her bed, fighting the urge to take her right then and there.

I heard a little giggle before some icing was smeared onto my face. “Wha-“

“You’re forgiven, just don’t do that again,” She smiled innocently, trying hard not to laugh at the line of icing across my face. She took another bite and looked up at me from under her lashes.

“Oh, that’s it!” I shouted playfully, before taking the cupcake away from her mid bite and setting the platter down on her desk. I then threw her down onto the bed and made my way on top of her. “You’re going to pay for that,” I evilly warned.