Chapter 3: Code Red (X)

Chapter 3: Code Red

“You two may leave,” the teacher said, running her hands down her face, obviously annoyed with Dylan and I. We were constantly bickering, throwing snide comments at each other. And to top it all off, I probably punched him over a hundred times.

“Thank God,” Dylan mumbled. He stood up from his seat and stretched out his muslce. I sighed in annoyance, collecting my bags.

“Bye Mrs. Walsh.” I started walking out of the class room before Dylan could say anything that would make me want to beat the crap out of him. Cheer and football should be done by now so either Amber and Ryder were amazing siblings and waited for me or they left me to get a ride home by myself.

“Not going to say goodbye to me?” Dylan asked, putting his hand over his mouth, feigning hurt.

“You’re smart… Guess,” I retorted, slowing to a stop in the parking lot.

“Calm down tiger,” He walked over to his motorcycle and swung his leg over so he was sitting, and looking hot as ever, not that I would ever admit that. It was annoying how such a good looking boy could be a total asshole.

Rolling my eyes, I looked around for my brother’s car. Of course it was nowhere in sight. I whipped out my phone and dialed Amber’s number. “Are you kidding me right now?!”

“Look, Nin, I’m sorry, we had to get home because of the party!” She explained herself.

“How would you like me to get home?” I groaned, trying not to snap at her stupidity. I would have no ride home thanks to them!

“Can you call Nicole? Emily? Emma?” She questioned. I heard rustling in the back ground meaning she was indeed getting ready for the party.

“Fine, I will try… I’ll see you later,” I mumbled.

“I love you!” She tried cheerfully.

“Love you too,” I smiled.

“Need a ride home?” I heard Dylan ask. Wow, I didn’t even know he was still here.

“Um, no I’m good, but thanks,” There was no way in hell I was getting on that motorcycle.

“Come on, I might as well drive you home,” He tried, waving me over.

“I rather be stuck here for the rest of eternity than get on that thing,” I scrunched up my nose in disgust. “I’ll just call my friend.”

“You never liked motorcycles... Guess things don’t change," He paused, smacking his lips together. "Do you really want to bother one of your friends? Just let me drive you home,” He offered, starting the dang thing up.

“You don’t know what I like or don’t like so don't go acting liked you do. And I’m seriously not getting on that death machine,” I threw my hands out in front of me in exasperation, annoyed with the whole situation.

“I know more about you than whole school does, so don’t try that,” He demanded, hopping off his motorcycle. He tossed me the helmet he had in his hands and continued walking closer to me. “You’re getting on this motorcycle. SO… we can do this the easy way or the hard way.”

“Are you threatening me?" I asked in shock. Who gave him the right  to threaten me? "The only way I’m getting on that death machine is if the apocalypse happened and that was the only way to stay alive,” I tried, stepping back.

“Hard way it is then,” He mumbled under his breath. Before I could react, he was standing in front of me, his hands on my hips. As soon as his hands made contact, my hips felt on fire from his touch and I jerked away from him which resulted in him grabbing me tighter and swinging me over his shoulder.