Chapter 15: No One Can Outdo You

“What do you mean?” He croaked, a look of pain flashing across his face. Instead of answering him with words, I rested my hand on the back of his neck, and pulled him towards me, crashing our lips together.

The fireworks around us came to a stop, but the fireworks happening inside my body certainly did not. The Ferris wheel started to move again, slowly but surely, bringing us closer to the ground.

Our lips melted together, his hand at the back of my head, fingers tangling in my hair, pushing me deeper into him. The best part of touching him right now was that he was mine. And that word, mine, made me desperate to take even more of him. 

Our seat stopped at the bottom, the teenage girl unlocking us. I pulled back breathless, my lips tingling with satisfaction. “Does that answer your question?” I whispered, hopping off the seat. I glanced over my shoulder to see him motionless, his eyes wide following me and mouth hung open.

“Are you going to move?” The girl rolled her eyes and motioned snootily for him to jump off. I sent him a wink and saw him gulp, sending my insides into a frenzy. Now you might be confused as to what I just did. But I couldn’t exactly answer him with a simple yes. I couldn’t exactly express my answer with one simple word because all I wanted to do right now was scream from a rooftop shouting yes at him! Do you get it now? A kiss was more worthy for an answer.

I made my way to my friends, all of them already in line for another ride. I caught up with my girls who looked all giddy as if they knew something.

“Did you say yes?!” Emma squealed, jumping up and down. What?!

“How do you guys know already?” I questioned, my cheeks quickly blushing.

“Just answer first. Did you say yes?” Emily queried, her amused eyes watching me.

“Yes,” I whispered, turning my gaze to the floor. I had no idea why I was embarrassed, because frankly I was the happiest I have ever been.

“Oh my god!!!” They all shouted, doing happy dances.

“How do you guys know?” I asked, tilting my head in confusion.

“He asked us what would be the best way to ask you,” Nicole answered, smirking.

“When?!” Why didn’t they tell me? They usually would tell me things like this. What made this situation any different?

“Probably Wednesday,” Emma smiled, genuinely looking happy for me.

“Why didn’t you guys tell me?” I questioned, pushing them lightly with my hand. The line moved forward and we all took a step.

“Because I wanted it to be a surprise,” Dylan’s husky voice whispered in my ear. I whirled around, a huge smile on my face.

“Oh really?”

“Yes.” He nodded.

“Well it was definitely a surprise!”

“A good one?”

“A good one,” I confirmed, watching as he entwined our fingers.

“Sorry to break up your love fest,” Emily jokingly rolled her eyes. “But we’re going on the tea cups together, so excuse us.” She grabbed my hand and led me to a purple cup. I looked back at Dylan, almost longingly, and watched as he sent me a wink with a huge grin. Not a smirk, an actual grin, the one that makes his dimples prominent.

He got into a pink tea cup, three cups away from mine, with all of his friends. The ride started, Emily, Emma, and Nicole spinning the cup wildly. We were all doubled over in laughter, as the cup kept spinning and spinning and spinning. The lights and faces blurred together creating one huge circle of white light. The classical music from the ride played loudly creating a sweet setting.