Chapter 7: That's Because Cade's Not Dylan (X)

Chapter 7: That’s Because Cade’s Not Dylan

“Mary!” I squealed, my feet hitting the tiled floor hard. “Hold on to the popcorn!” I quickly slid open the glass door with a bang and propelled myself onto the deck.

“Okay Nina!” She laughed, shaking her head. The girls weren’t far behind and the boys were just on the stairs that led to the kitchen. I skipped two steps at a time and landed on the patio with a thud. My backyard was huge which gave me plenty of room to run and hide. But where was I supposed to hide?! Everyone knew the boys were faster than us; it was a miracle they haven’t caught up already. I kept running through the grass, feeling the dampness squish under my feet.

“Get back here Nina!” Dylan’s voice boomed. I cringed inwardly, his voice ringing in my ears. It looked like he didn’t really appreciate the prank. It was probably because I caught him sounding like a girl on camera… I snorted at the thought and kept running. I was past the pool already and my head whipped from side to side looking for a place to hide.

 “Never!” I screamed, looking around frantically. I heard Emily screaming her head off, so I’m guessing she was caught. I looked behind me with a quick motion and noticed all three girls were in the hands of the boys. Brendan had Emily over his shoulder, Alec had Emma’s wrists behind her back, and Hunter had Nicole bridal style with a tight grip.

Great job girls, now I have two boys after me! Note my lovely sarcasm… Dylan was gaining speed and I had no idea where Justin was. Of course, the two biggest guys of their group were out to get me. I whipped my head to the front and slammed into something or someone, causing me to fall on the ground with an oomf.

“Oh my god,” I groaned, my head flying up to my head.

“Nice try Nina,” Justin smirked, looking down at me. His hands were crossed over his chest which rose and deflated rapidly.

“What are you- Oh!” I yelled, the ground flying out from underneath me as I was being lifted up.

“You seriously thought you were going to get away?” Dylan’s husky voice whispered in my ear. I shuddered from his minty breath hitting my face which only caused his smile to grow.

“Oh yeah? What are you and your army going to do?” I questioned, trying to recover from my embarrassing shaking. He grabbed my wrists while Justin grabbed my ankles preventing anyway of me getting out of their strong hold.

“You’ll see,” He spoke aloud. I looked up at his face and saw him wink at his friends. The boys immediately responded by walking over to the pool and throwing my friends in one by one.

“Wait, wait, wait! I’m serious!” Emily ranted, squirming on Brendan’s shoulders.

“What now?”  He sighed, seeming as if he was bored with their conversation already.

“Let me just take out my phone,” She remarked, reaching into her pocket awkwardly and dropping her phone on the grass. The other girls did the same without much freedom before Emily spoke again. “Okay, resume…” She mumbled.

They started screaming again and I just shook my head in amusement at my best friends. It was like they could be professional actors, the way they could turn off their emotions and resume like nothing in between happened. Their screams were cut off once they were underwater but once they arose, they looked so angry, Emily’s cheeks matched the color of her hair.

“You got my hair wet! You are SO going to pay for this!” Emily screeched, rushing to climb out of the pool. As Dylan and Justin kept walking towards the pool, I thrashed around in their hands, not really feeling up to getting wet at the moment.