Chapter 21: The Scream Came From Me

The next morning, I slipped easily and quietly out of Dylan’s hold. Pulling on a pair of yoga pants and one of Dylan’s sweatshirts, I slipped my phone, which was blowing up with messages from the girls, in the front pocket and rushed out of the room, making sure not to make a sound. After I reached the kitchen, most girls were by the kitchen sink, giggling quietly at our mischievous prank. Emma whirled around with a small pink water balloon in her hand, smirking.

Yep, you guessed it, we were planning on attacking the boys with water balloons. It was only fair since Dylan shoved me into an exploding egg and getting all the other guys was just a bonus.

“Are you guys almost done?” I walked over to where the cluster of girls was and peered into the sink to find a bucket of full water balloons.

“Yeah, we’ll get this outside and then you can start waking them all up,” Emily answered, grabbing the bucket and struggling to lift it out of the sink. Hailey and Bianca helped and they soon waddled all the way out of the door and far into the front yard.

“Do it now,” Amber ordered, and with that she left with the rest of the girls to join Emily, Hailey, and Bianca in the front. I plugged my phone into the obnoxious loud speakers that echoed around the entire house and blasted The Reckless and The Brave by All Time Low.

I heard the sounds of doors flinging open, frustrated yells, and the pounding of feet. I let out a squeal of surprise and dashed through the door grabbing a water balloon on the way from Emma.

“Where are they?!” Ryder boomed, his voice echoing clearly through the door. No longer than a few seconds later, all nine boys come bounding out of the door, their hair disheveled messes and their clothes strung on their bodies sloppily.

I threw the first balloon hitting Dylan on his bare chest, water splattering all the boys. “What the fuck?!” That’s when the idiots looked up to see all of us posed for attack.

“Throw!” Amber screamed, flinging the her balloon. It smacked Jack right in the face. Balloons were hurdled from all directions, hitting the boys and sometimes missing. When I threw my last balloon, I noticed Dylan and Ryder were no longer standing amongst the crowd of boys.

Before I could move, a cold blast of water showered down on my clothes, my hair now sticking to my face. “My phone!” I screamed, turning around. My eyes widened as I saw the boys holding the hose that just soaked me with me freezing water.

“Oops,” Ryder shrugged innocently before spraying me again. My mouth dropped open as he ran around the yard, the squeals of all the girls ringing loudly in my ears. I quickly pulled out my phone from the drenched pocket, and tried to wipe some water off of the screen with my hand. I powered up my phone to check if it was still working, and to my luck, it was.

“You are so lucky,” I muttered, shaking my head and glancing up at Dylan. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him, making me stumble over my own feet until I was pressed against his chest.

“I know,” He whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead. I rolled my eyes and giggled slightly.

“Not in that way,” I chastised, shaking my head, reveling in the feel of his lips brushing past my skin.

“I know,” He whispered again.

***

We brought our bags down to the living room around lunch time and spent the rest of the sunny hours outside. Dylan slept on my towel, practically using me as his teddy bear since I interrupted his “beauty sleep”.