12:26 » epilogue

salutations little shits(:

so this is the epilogue and im sobbing. u guys are gonna hate me

acknowledgments and thanks and authors note and characters q&a will all be updated within the next few days.

i do ask that you continue to twll ur friends about this story. u might have finished this book but some havent even started!

so please do that.

im gonna keep this short bc yanno im lame an shii

-xox alex

p.s. willow wont have a journal entry in this part. youll understand later (:

__

6 years later

"I'll be fine, Ivy. Trust me." I shut the car door. "I know my way around here."

"Will you be back in time for the book signing?"

I blinked. "Of course. See you then."

"Alright," She replied.

"Send New York some kisses for me."

She giggled in response. "Will do. Have fun back home."

I smiled. "Thanks. Bye."

The leaves crunched under my boots rhythimically as I walked, the sun beautifully radiating the sky. I ducked under a gorgeous weeping willow tree, finding Nash before me. I smiled softly, taking a seat next to him.

"Hey, Nash," I said to him. All that returned was silence.

I sat there quietly for a moment, taking in the scene before me. There were dozens, hundreds maybe, of people surrounding us, yet it was so serene.

"Our book sold instantly. I've written a few others as well." I placed my hand next to his. "I have one called Wishes and one called Stars. And of course I have 12:26."

I heaved a sigh, a tear streaking my face. "I still haven't found a boy that will ever come close to you, so I guess you could say I'm not over you." I listened closely, for a reponse, knowing I wouldn't get one.

"Astrid and Cam got married!" I said excitedly. "They have a baby girl named Rose now." I sniffed. "She's so beautiful, Nashy."

"Oh! Anna and dad moved to Maine to be a little closer. Will is still with them, he's only seven now." I rubbed my eyes, the sun blaring over the tops of the trees. "They all miss you. I miss you," I whispered.

A few birds fluttered by, chasing eachother's tails. "How have you been?"

His silence answered my question.

"I still love you, Nash," I said, my voice cracking. "I just," I stopped. "I just wanted to stop by one more time."

I stood, kissing my fingertips and pressing them to his cold tombstone. "I'll see you soon."

I walked away, tears stinging my eyes. When I reached my car, I pressed my head to the wheel and heaved a heavy sigh. I began to drive away, the cemetary disappearing from my view. As I drove, my mind was booming.

It was when a speeding eighteen wheeler was nearing me that I looked down just in time to read "12:26" on the dashboard. I closed my eyes and wished.

Suddenly, the car turned sharply, coliding into the large truck. I felt the seat belt begin to tighten and the windshield crash, the car flipping. I smiled to myself as light flooded in my head.

I knew what was happening, I had wished for Nash and this was the only way I'd get it.

It was when I saw the most radiant blue eyes before me, blinding light surrounding him that I knew my wish had been granted.

__

smile (: through (: the (: pain (:

did u like the ending?