chapter » 04

lets be honest, all our parents are creepers when it comes to new people.

xox alex

"His smile is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was so radiant you'd think it could light the night sky."

»

I woke the next morning with a huge smile on my face and nothing seemed to make it go away. I had this queasey but electric feeling in my gut. I was never happy. Is this real life?

I sat up in bed, moving my fallen bun out of my face. I quickly remembered I was instructed to text Nash when I woke up. I reached over onto my bedside table, picking up my glasses and sliding them up my nose, my vision now crystal clear. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand as well, unplugging it from its charger. I opened up my messages and began to type one to Nash.

Willow: I was told to text you when I woke up.

A few minutes later, there was a reply.

Nash: Indeed you were. Call me ASAP!!

I knitted my eyebrows together, confused on why I had to call him. Couldn't he just text it? I shook my head as I dialed his number, that stupid grin still on my face. I pressed the green button and brought the phone to my ear.

"Nash Grier speaking," He said after a few rings.

"I was also told to call you."

Nash chuckled on the other end. "Yes, you were."

There was a pause. "Are you going to tell me why exactly I was instructed to call?" I laid flat on my stomach.

"Oh! Right! I was wondering, Willow, if you would join me for lunch today." I heard someone talking to him on the other end but I couldn't make out the words.

I smiled. "Like a date?"

Nash scoffed jokingly. "I was trying to be smoother than that, but I suppose you could call it a date, yes."

I picked at the polish on my nails. "I'll have to see and get back to you on that."

He laughed. "Alright, well text me if you can."

I smiled to myself, my heart thumping louder at his laugh. "Will do."

"Goodbye, Willow."

I smiled softly, not wanting to hang up. "Goodbye, Nash."

There was a long pause of pure silence. "You hang up first," He started.

I shook my head, laughing. "We are not doing this!"

He chuckled. "Loser."

I laughed softly. "Bye."

He sighed. "I don't wanna hang up." You could hear a loud groan in the background. He began laughing. "Cam said we were 'too precious but annoying.'"

I laughed. "I don't want to hang up either." I fiddled with my comforter.

"Then talk to me."

I smiled. "What about?"

"Um. Let's ask eachother questions?"

"Yeah, sure. You go first." I shuffled my phone to my other ear.

I heard him smack his lips. "Favorite color?"

"Orange," I answered immediately.

"Strange one you are, Willow Raynes."