chapter » 02

• Dedicado a Lexi (:

friends is life. pizza crust does taste like cardboard. and if i wasnt a fatty, i would climb trees 25/7.

Btw nash is 17 in this story. dont ask.

xox alex

"Even though I've barely known Nash Grier for 24 hours, I feel like I know almost everything about him─he doesn't eat the crust on his pizza, he likes to climb trees just to jump out of them, and for fun he watches reruns of Friends."

»

It seems like I had absolutely nothing to wear. I thumbed through endless racks of clothing and still found nothing that caught my eye. I sighed as I looked back over everything, checking once again to see if I liked anything. Still nothing.

Finally, I came across a long stretched black tshirt. It came to about mid thigh and flowed like a regular dress. It was a soft fabric that made it comfortable and stylish. I slid into it, making sure it still fit. Thank God it did.

I slipped on my diamond ring my grandmother gave me before she passed away and quickly repainted my nails a navy color. Once they dried, I touched up on my makeup just a bit, not wanting too much on. Then, I put on my black high top Converse and brushed my hair. Once I looked somewhat presentable, I grabbed my phone and walked out my bedroom door.

"Bye!" I yelled to dad hurriedly, not wanting him to give me another lecture that I had heard a thousand times before as I was almost out the door.

"Hey! Wait, Missy!" He said. Shit.

I turned around, facing him with a fake smile. "Yes, daddy?"

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Don't do anything stupid. I don't want my─"

I cut him off. "I know, I know! You don't want your child to become a mother at age 16. You don't want me to drink especially if I plan on driving home. You don't want a call from the police station at 2 in the morning notifing you that I have been arrested," I quoted from memory. "But, most importantly you want me to have fun but stay safe, right?"

He looked at me blankly. "Damn. You're good at this whole father-daughter talk thing."

I kissed his cheek. "I'm a pro."

He chuckled. "Be back before midnight, okay, W?"

I nodded, rolling my eyes. "Ok. See ya at 2. Love you!" He shot me a look. "Kidding! I'll be home by Midnight. Promise." I gave him another kiss to the cheek.

"Make good decisions!" He shouted to me as I stepped outside.

I hopped into my car and sped off to Cameron's house. It was weird that I knew exactly how to get there but this wasn't the first party I've been invited to. In fact, if we're keeping count, I've been invited to aproximately 13 parties since freshman year when he laid eyes on me by my locker. People swear that we "hook up" but Cameron and I knew better.

He was the type of guy that got exactly what he wanted, if not better. He was that guy. The one that drove every girl at school crazy, especially the cheerleaders. He could persuade teachers and adults to do anything for him with a flash of his perfect smile. He wasn't exactly a dick, but he sure could get in your head.

I found myself aimlessly thinking about random things. When I came back to reality, I was in front of The Dallas Mansion. Even though I've been here before, my jaw still dropped and I had to shut my mouth with my hand.

I quickly got out of the car and straightened my dress. I made sure I had my phone before I walked up the front steps. I could hear the music booming from the inside as I neared. A few wasted teenagers ran in front of me and into the woods beside the house. I shook my head as I stepped inside.