Epilogue

One Week Later

"Will you stop walking around and say something?"

I'd paced around at least four times, taking occasional pauses towards the door knob. I reached for it, hesitated, sighed, given up, and retreated. I had one job, but even that I couldn't do. I groaned leaning my back against the walls.

"I can't do this!" I recoil myself, deciding maybe I'd just imagined things to go better. I'd have to give myself time maybe. After all, being student body president had never prepared me for situations like these. Who could've plainly walked in there with absolutely no hesitation? And zero utter of confidence?

Maybe I wasn't ready. I'd just myself outlived it all, and having to consult those during their freshman stages of the cycle. What if it triggered old habits, and feelings? Could I even handle such an overwhelming session? 

What was I thinking?

"You can! What makes you think you can't?" He questions grabbing my hand that had stopped me from twirling around the door, overwhelming not just myself but him too. I swatted his hand off, realizing I had totally lost my cool. I looked over at him, affronted.

"What makes you think, that I think I can't?" I challenged, suddenly directing my apprehension towards him, who was completely perplexed by my query.

"Wha-didn't you just say it yourself?" He exclaims his hands expressing his confusion, as they wave around, making people crack their heads towards us. I scoffed, at his I am the victim act, and eyed him furiously.

"If this is you cheering me on, you are doing a bad job. I would tots never let you audition for cheer team." I squint my eyes at him as I point my fingers at his chest making it clear that his rally was a no-show.

He rolls his eyes taking it rather blandly, comprehending my sudden verbal attack as my way of releasing my angst, which to him he'd found very amusing, and unthreatening.

"Well thank god, you're not cheer captain anymore, because I was totally going to audition this year" He mocks, his voice dripping in sarcasm as he jolts up his one arm in enthusiasm.

Yet that had only boiled my fury, as we had completely gone off subject. "You're not even helping me!" I protest, huffing with my arms above my head. It was clear, he could never be a cheerleader.

Taken aback, he raises an eyebrow, showing exactly the same frustration with his hands in the same attitude.

"You literally won't even let me!" he exclaims. And I equally raise an eyebrow showing a more thwarting assertiveness than he.

"Oh, so suddenly it's all my fault now?" I mention, eyeballing him with my hands against my chest.

He sighs, suddenly dropping his hands, as one rubs his temple. "Yes!" Suddenly shaken. "I mean no!" He corrected, before he's seen the last of me.

I laughed, very entertained with how I'd nerve wrecked Jaxon, in only a few minutes, when the initial plan was to have soothed me instead. "Save yourself from the humiliation, Jaxon. This argument was the best friend rally I've ever had" I smile, causing his cheeks to fume a huge red. He'd looked at me suddenly very intrigued.

"Really?" He questions, proud of his achievement, I snorted at his ago and shook my head. 

"No" I replied, shrugging with a tint of amusement.

He laughed shortly, unexpectedly taking my hands in his.

"I'm sorry if it came out wrong, but you're going to do great, Sadie, in there I mean it. And I'm pretty sure I don't even need to tell you that" He speaks sincerely. I eye him, suspiciously as I'd nod standing up straight.