Chapter Sixteen

"And then he told me that it was all a joke, and that the puppy was actually for me! It was so cute of him to do that, and like I love him so much" She babbles onward as she swiftly paints her nails at my house at 7 in the morning. Whatever Liam had done to her yesterday clearly couldn't wait till we got to school and neither was it enough to tell on the phone,, she just had to drop off her make up kit and get ready ay my place as she goes on and on about how Liam had pulled the chair for her, about how he held her coat, about how he fed her every now and then during the date.

I was honestly starting to get sick of it.

"Yes. Yes. I know you love him Mel. You've told me like five times now" I groan slamming my forehead against my closet as I'd searched for what to wear that morning.

"I know, but she's just so amazing!" She sighs dreamily probably thinking of him right then as she swoons into my bed with no hint of coming back out of that trance.

"You've only just started dating him Mel. Give it a break. If you keeping noting it, boredom will come"

She laughed slightly and applied another of polish as their original one had smeared wrongly against her nails. "What would you know about love? You and Connor are partially fame lovers, attracted to each other's fame. It's kind of cute, but totally not cool" She shrugs casually as she just spoke something that had hit a bell in my mind.

"What?" I laugh nervously. "Me and Connor are not fame lovers. We're in love" I correct her to make sure she'd understood, but it seems as if she's convinced with the later. What on earth had led her to believe we'd not loved each other. We're we not convincing enough. Do I not show enough affection towards Connor? What was it?

"Whatever you say" She smiles again dreaming about Liam shirtless. I'd picked out a cute overall dress with a pair of boots when suddenly Mel, startled me.

"What's this?' She questions picking up a capsule of Adderall from beneath my make up drawer. I'd grown pale quickly dropping the clothe I'd picked out my closet and running towards her as I'd snatched the bottle of pills. "There vitamins. Very expensive vitamins" I muter up a lie I'd used on Jaxon before. Mel squints her eye's and gives me the oh face before snatching it back.

"You mean those hair vitamins? Let me have one" She orders opening up the bottle, which had totally freaked me out. If Mel decides to ingest these pills, she will totally not be able to go to school today, I'd totally pay for drugging my friend, so I'd done what I could and slapped it out of her hands.

She stared at me with complete confusion as she pushed away her Brunette hair and gave me the jazz hands. "Sadie. You're acting weird." She states and I sigh picking up the bottle.

"They've expired" I mention with a huge fat lie and throw them into the trash for her to believe. Taking a good look, she seemed somewhat convinced and shrugged it off. I rubbed my temple feeling my nerves bulged out due to lack of sleep and peace. But of course, nothing could fix that, especially since the only remedy to that was thrown down into the trash. I had to keep it down or I'd definitely have a morning seizure.

"You keep expired meds? What if you accidentally pop one and die?" She frantically booms, and I sigh. If only it could kill me. I didn't have to deal with all of this. It'd have been much easier to just leave it all behind.

"Sadie, Jaxon is at the door!" Mother yells from downstairs. I wince at his name, afraid Mel had ehard it, I'd slowly turned around seeing her eyes wide and her mouth open.

"Oh, Jaxon? From scho-

"No! This is a different Jaxon. He is my pen pal!" I quickly reply to Mel's catching up mind.