Chapter Nine

"You know, I keep wondering how I end up here of all places" I mentioned sighing. He smiled giving me a sincere expression.

"You did the right thing Sadie. There's no shame in seeking help" He pats my shoulder, before going over to his own desk. The thing he hadn't know was, there was all and every shame to it. I was, by image one who knew what to do, say and think. I wasn't obliged neither did I need guidance, others would confirm. I was very much past that. But it was to avoid feud between those who believe my mental health is at risk. I was alarmed to that note, but I'd never actually believed I was, broken.

I functioned, if at all better than anyone else. People just didn't understand it. I didn't need help, because I was completely fine.

"So, what can I help you with?" Mr. Newberry questions my sudden interest in counseling. Of course, I wasn't there to admit the hoax of my bipolar disorder. Which you could say isn't exactly a hoax. But Mr. Newberry didn't need to know that. I'd come for much more serious reasons and it had involved other characters rather than myself.

I cleared my throat dropping my scarf on to the couch and my school bag beside my boots. "There is someone I have been trying to get off my radar. Very manipulative, and extremely chaotic..." I mention slowly trying not to sound at all threatened. Suddenly interested with my current situation Mr. Newberry begins to listen.

"Who is that someone, a friend, relative?" He questions curiosity building onto him. I had understood that my abrupt seeking of help might have scared my counselor, but it wasn't like I was going to burst my entire life in thirty minutes. We would need coffee for that, a lot of coffee.

"I would like to keep this someone anonymous, but were not close. If you'd push it, we do share the same grade, and chemistry class" I shrug finding it utterly hard to even mention our status as acquaintances.

"So, a classmate?" He clears his throat.

"I wouldn't call it. He's not a mate of mine. Like an unwanted bug buzzing around" I taunt, venting against my hatred for him.

"So, it's a he?" He mentions suddenly his creased forehead eased and he'd suddenly grinned very wide. I'd look at Mr. Newberry, and suddenly realized what. His smile was all about"

"Oh, do not, I beg! The situation is not like that" I groaned face palming myself. Why had   So it's a" I warn him to not get the wrong impression.

"Was not assuming. Please due continue"

"Okay" I breathed in. This was going to be hard, but I knew it was going to be confidential. Mother and father would never bother to listen, Melisa doesn't listen to anyone, but herself and Connor will most probably dump me afterwards. What could Mr. Newberry do?

I pinched an eyelash that had fallen onto the edge of my eye with my manicured nails and bit my lip wondering if it was a good idea to just go for it. I had indeed nothing to lose.

"Something has been bothering me for quite a while. And usually notinhg bothers me as such" I squeezed my eyes closed afraid to hear his face reaction.

"I see-

"I will not go into the details of it, as my life is still a private matter. But it seems that my trial and error against what I try to do, to avoid the problem seems to be just aggrevating it. And a piece of wisdom from someone a bit older than I could be a choice. My ;ife was evermore so perfect, I had the best friends, a perfect boyfriend and the best grades. But suddenly to try and sabotage what I had from envy a childhood friend of mine who I repeat is not my friend now has decided to come back into  my existence, demanding I help him on his quest for popularity, but he's also forming relationships, with my friends and my standard people which instinctively seems like total manipulation. Don't you think? "I took a huge breath letting that sink into the both of us.