2.8

A/N: its thanksgiving break so im updating daily
Ashton's P.O.V.
She was taken to London for her chemotherapy, so we went to see her, just in case.. y'know.
I called in work and explained why I haven't been going, and what's going on. Mark understood 100% and let me know he was there if I wanted to talk.
The airport was crowded the day we were there. We got lunch at Panda Express, which I barely ate, before waiting at our gate. I called Michael, telling him all what happened, and where I was going.
He and Luke apparently told Calum since he texted me she was in him and his family's prayers. We got on the plane after they checked our passports, plopping down in our cushioned seats. Dad had gotten us First Class, which I was thankful for.
The flight was long, so I slept the entire way there.
-
Once we got to my uncle's rented house, we greeted him with a hug and a few words before pulling our suitcases to the guest room. It was a off-white colour, with two full sized beds in it.
I called the one by the window while sticking my tongue out playfully. He laughed, putting his things at the foot of his bed. It was snowing here, which we were excepting.
Once he left to go get dinner with Uncle Preston, I pulled out my laptop to Skype Michael. He was with Luke at his house. Luke was playing bass behind him, humming to a random song. Michael was making me laugh, which got Luke's attention. He smiled at me; I pretended I didn't see him, even though he was in full view right behind Michael.
Dad came in to offer me to go with them. I declined, saying I'll just eat here. Luke eventually squeezed into frame next to Michael. Michael wasn't shy to ask me if I was eating, which I laughed at, telling him I was and I'd just eat later.
No I wouldn't.
Luke asked me about art club. I told him I hated it, but the people were nice, so I stayed in. I have made a few friends from it, so why quit?
They eventually had to go, telling me to go eat. They were still texting me though, especially Luke.
He was acting like he was when we first met, with the playful flirting, and the random Snapchats. I was so happy that I finally gave in to my little "staying single" thing.
I eventually sat on Preston's couch and turned on a movie on Netflix. I sent a snap to Luke of me pouting with the caption "C'mon, I miss you."
I laughed when he sent me a text talking about how adorable I was. I really did miss him, in every way, but I played it off as a joke.
He eventually went to sleep, I felt bad for keeping him up, but I went to sleep myself, right on the couch.
In the morning, Preston said we were going to see gran. I jumped up from the couch, my vision blurring from standing to fast. I ran to the guest room, digging through my bag.
"Dad, did you bring my hoodie?" I yell, leaning against the wall. He said it was in his bag as he walked into the room, so I crawled to his bag and started digging through his.
I got it out and lazily shut his bag. I took off my sleep shirt before looking at my stomach in the mirror after dad left the room. My ribs weren't showing yet. I wanted to scream.
Stop giving in, Ashton.
I checked my phone for the first time this morning, 6 texts from Michael, 4 from Calum, and 7 from Luke. I checked Calum's first, they were just telling me some updates about his condition. I was happy to know it was all good.
Michael's were about some Panic! at the Disco tickets he booked for us in 2 months. I replied a heart-eye emoji, which caused him to put clapping ones.
Luke's were random ones, either puns, or stupid compliments. I loved him.
I did my hair messily before pulling on some black skinny jeans. I put on the hoodie before walking down stairs. I put on my Vans that I left by the door yesterday.
-
By the time we got to the hospital, it was 4 in the afternoon. We walked up to my grandmum's room, and found her lying on her back, asleep. She had a tube running through her upper chest to her lower collarbone. She looked pale, and a lot more skinny then when I saw her last. There was an IV in her arm, connected to a machine that was letting out high beeps. I almost cried. We decided to sit in the hallway to let her rest.
She woke up about an hour later. The doctor invited us in after giving us masks to wear since her immune system was low.
She was now leaning up, with a blanket laying across her lap. She smiled when she saw me, opening her arms for me to hug her, which I instantly did. "Hey, gran," I whisper with a smile.
"Hey, honey," she kisses me on the cheek. I pull away so dad could hug her. "Hey, mum, how you feelin'?" He greets. I sit down on the hard hospital couch.
She replied with a shrug. I almost cried again.
I left my phone at the house on accident, so I listened to everyone's stories about the 'olden days.' I missed Luke.
Eventually, my dad noticed my boredom, so he offered me to tell them about my night out with Ashton. I just laughed and shook my head, just saying dinner and a movie.
He scoffed and called us stereotypical. I laughed more.
Visiting hours were closing, so we had to leave. "When are y'all going out of town?" She asks when we were getting ready to leave.
"Oh, I have school, so we're leaving tomorrow." I tell her, hugging her good-bye.