4.3

I was moving tomorrow. Leaving. Gone. Luke still hasn't spoke to me, and now boxes were all over my room. Reality started to settle in. Luke wasn't talking to me and I was moving tomorrow.

I decided not to think about it as I put my clothes into separated boxes depending on season. All my hoodies and crewnecks went into the winter box, and my band shirts were in summer.

I sat on my bed after a while, looking around at the posters on the wall I couldn't take with me, and my drums sat in the corner. I stared at the ceiling for a while, watching the ceiling fan slice air as the rays of sunlight fought their way through the window pane, getting cut into a myriad of rays that lazily bathed my quiet room in a light glow of yellow.

It was rounding up to be 5 p.m., so I finished my packing as quick as I could. After making sure I didn't forget anything, I got ready as well as I could. Dad was taking me, Michael, Calum, and Luke --if he showed up -- out to dinner for my last night here. After getting dressed, I jogged downstairs. My dad was waiting by the door in a button up shirt and khakis, and I felt underdressed. I'm always undressed, though, so it's not like it matters.

Michael was waiting outside by the time we got to the restaurant. "Luke went to practice, so he won't be coming. I think he went out with the lads. Calum will be here soon, though," he tells me. I tried to ignore the heartache that erupted in my chest. He was still upset, and I was leaving in the morning.

I shook the thought out of my head. This is my last night in Sydney. I was going to have fun. I just nodded as we walked inside, not wanting to reply.

Once we were sat and ordered our drinks, my dad asked me how I was planning on setting up my room, since I got a small one that I would keep myself. I explained it'd probably just be a normal dorm room, maybe I'd hang some posters up and rearrange the bed.

I then started talking about how I was actually excited for the classes. Although it sounds crazy, the classes were all I could think about. I was really, really excited for music theory, even though loads are people are saying that's gonna change when I actually start the class.

Calum got here 30 minutes after we were sat, and he took the chair next to my dad, thanking the hostess for showing him where we were. "What held you up, mate?" Michael asked, taking a sip of my beer, making me laugh.

"Carsyn problems. Their solved now though," he said, sitting back in his chair. No one questioned it. His face showed he didn't want to talk about it.

"So, college man," Michael teases. "You gonna party while you're up there?"

I look towards my dad, "I'll be focusing on my academics more than anything else. Don't be excepting a lot of drunken phone calls." They all laughed at that.

Once our food arrived, my mind was right back to Luke. What if he hates me? I mean, Luke couldn't hate me, right? He loves me. No matter how much I fuck up he loves me, right? I was torturing myself with these questions as I ate.

I had ordered just a personal sized pepperoni pizza with steamed broccoli. Ever since I've gotten broccoli at the hospital, I fell in love. It was so good. [shit]

Dinner was over. We all hugged and said our goodnights since I'd be seeing then again in the morning. And I hated good-byes.

I was already to the front door by the time my dad got out of the car. I unlocked the door with my key before walking inside and running up to my room. It was going to be strange, not living here, but I'd survive.

In the morning, it was a different story. I was crying and crying while hugging my dad, telling him I wanted to stay home. I did, I really did. He told me I had to go, which made me cry harder.

My things would be shipped to me, but I was flying to Manchester later this evening with two suitcases. One with some clothes and the other with my bed sheets and such.

I haven't even left home and I was already home sick as I sat on my sofa in my favourite jumper. I was drinking tea, ironically, while watching some old American television shows. My dad was sat on the recliner, talking about my flight and such, which made me cry harder.

Once Michael came to drive me with Calum in the backseat, I gave my dad a long, long goodbye hug. He was crying now, too, mumbling about how proud he was of me and how proud my mother would be of me.

I finally let go, waving goodbye as I got into the shotgun seat of the car. Michael cheered before screaming:

"Let's get frat boy to his university, bitches!"

-

The drive to the airport was 30 minutes long, and I spent the entire way blabbering about how thankful I was for them and that I was going to miss them. I also said I'd Skype and call them as much as I could, which they said they'd also try to.

They helped me get my bags out of the car by check-in. We hug for a while. Michael was crying now, telling me to come home and visit for their graduation, which I agreed to.

As they were weighing my luggage, I gave them my ID before hugging Calum. "Don't replace us up there, we clear?"

"Crystal," I smile, pulling away so I can look at him in the eye.

"Yeah, and we'll tell Luke if you start flirting with some frat guys," Michael teases, poking my side. "He won't care," I mumble, before laughing along and hugging them one last time.

"Call us once you land," Calum says.
"Okay, bye," I say, getting my luggage before walking through the sliding doors, fresh tears running down my face.

Luke never said bye.