0.5

A/N: IM SORRY THIS IS SO LATE! I've been so busy this last week because of the school year ending and I have awful writer's block. I'll try to write LOADS all over the summer. I travel a lot so I'll just write on the planes or in cars, I guess. This chapter is really bad and rushed, so I'm sorry. Enjoy.

(Unedited)

12.96.08.

Ashton and I decided to walk to school together. A few times our hands brushed which made my breath hitched. We were mostly silent except him laughing and making fun of the people dancing in their cars. I kept talking about how nervous I was about my time, wondering what they would be like, even though the entire time I want to say I'm praying it's you, Ashton.

By the time we get to the school, Ashton's completely silent. We walk to Science together, sitting at our table. We have a short conversation about what had happened the night before we're silenced.

-

At lunch, Calum's new girlfriend was clinging to his arm, so I decide to invite Michael to sit with me and Ashton, which he simply agrees to. He's quiet around Michael, and everyone else. I don't understand why he's not around me.

Michael's off talking about his timer and how it runs out in a month. When I tell him mine's this afternoon, he congratulates me, as I earn a sad glance from Ashton. He is, of course, without food, but when I offer him my chips, he shakes his head, followed by me sending him a worried glance and Michael sending him a strange one.

I couldn't hold in the question anymore. "Ashton, why don't you eat?" He freezes, looking at me with a hurt expression. Michael raises his eyebrow at me, so I drop the question, quickly changing the subject to Calum.

Ashton didn't let out another sound for the rest of lunch. He was staring at his hands, not replying to anything. When lunch was finally over, I'm reunited with Calum. He starts talking about Carsyn and how sweet she is, blabbing about how cute she is, and making me roll my eyes.

Once we make it to math, we sit in the same seats as the previous day, with Ashton and him next to me. Ashton fakes a stretch and sneakily checks his phone before relaxing and puts it back in his pocket. I chuckle at him causing him to grin at the wall.

The class went by slow, but we decided to stay quiet today. I didn't feel like dealing with 'Jade' today. Mr. Leikin passed out the homework 10 minutes before the bell rung, since there was a football game tonight and he wanted everyone to be able to go and 'support the team.' Usually at this school 'supporting the team' meant getting high off weed after the game if we win.

He allowed us to pair up to work on it, so Calum partnered with Carsyn while Ashton and I partnered, but we didn't even do the work. We ended up talking about Phil's new video.

6.07.03.

By the end of class, we never did finish that worksheet; he was in an in-depth fantasy about what he would do to Dan Howell if they were alone in a room in awful detail, making me laugh harder than I have in a while. We were walking to the buses together, when Calum caught up with us and took my attention. Ashton's voice slowly faded from my ears. I zone out of Calum continuously talking about Carsyn, he's getting annoying about it. I look at Ashton; he's fiddling his thumbs, without thinking I blurt out, "Can we walk home?" Calum goes quiet before shrugging and mumbling, "Sure." Ashton nods, kicking a rock in front of him.

-

Of course, I invited Ashton and Calum over to help me decide what to wear. No matter what gender you are, you turn into a teenage girl who is freaking out over what to wear on a date when it comes to your time running out. I threw on many different shirts: my Nirvana navy blue shirt, my plaid flannel with a black shirt on under it, my few Jawbreaking shirts, and my tie-dye tank-top. We finally agree on my navy blue Nirvana shirt with my black skinny jeans.