1.8

Luke's P.O.V.

Ashton took Calum, Michael and I out clubbing last night. That's all I remember. I woke up this morning in Ashton's bed, him next to me, Michael at the foot, Calum on the floor. My head was pounding; I felt sick.

I sighed, pushing myself out of Ashton's bed, causing Michael to wake up from the sudden movement. "Where are you going?" His voice was a whisper, barely audible. "To study." I answer simply, pulling on my flannel that was lying on the ground.

He gave me a sad look. "Wait for Ashton to wake up.." He started; I rolled my eyes.

"The semester exams are Wednesday! I need to study." I snap. "We can help y-"

"Stop!" I spat, making Ashton flinch in his sleep. I sigh, "We can hang out Thursday or Friday. Going to UNI means a lot to me." I whisper before stepping over Calum. "Bye." Before Michael can utter a word, I'm closing the door.

I run down the stairs, before opening the front door. My head ached, I wanted to scream when the light hit my eyes. This is what a hangover felt like.

For once in Sydney, it was cool. The air danced off the little skin that was showing. The thin flannel on my body didn't do anything, so I weakly rubbed my arms.

I aimlessly walked past my house, unintentionally deciding to go on a stroll. I hugged myself, trying to snuggle into myself to stay warm. It was probably only 65 degrees, but I was freezing.

I managed to stumble upon a little coffee shop a little bit into town. I decided to get me a cup to stay warm. I walked in to be greeted by silence. Amazing for my head.

I walked up to the counter before giving the girl standing there a smile. "Hi, what can I get you?"

"I think I'll just get a hot chocolate." She giggles at my reply before asking for £2, which I simply gave her. "Just sit at a table and I'll bring it to you." She smiles, turning to make my drink. Her high voice hurt my head, but I faced it. I walked to a small booth for 2 in the corner.

I looked around the shop. It was quite girly. Flowers sat on every table, the walls were a pastel pink, the floors were white tiles. My examination was interrupted when the girl walked up with a red coffee cup. "Here you are, handsome." I felt my cheeks warm as she sat in front of me.

"I'm Elisa, you are?" I clear my throat before mumbling 'Luke.' She smiles. She threw me into random conversations before she stated simply. "Yeah, last school year, my timer broke at one of the footie games." I froze.

"F-Footie?..." She nods.

Fuck.

"Oh, yeah. Same actually."

"Seriously?" She was obviously shocked. My heart was racing. I wanted Ashton.

"This is amazing!" She exclaimed, standing up. "We found each other. Even though the timers aren't relevant now.." I start shaking my head rapidly.

"No, no!" She turns back to me with a confused look on her face. "Look, I just came for a drink. Not to start a love story." I stand up quickly. "I'm in a relationship."

"Break up with her!"

"Him."

"Oh, him.." She smiles awkwardly. "Break up with him." I'm instantly offended. "No." I answer sternly. "But, Luke.." She pouts out her lower lip, walking her fingers down my chest.

I quickly pick up my cup. "Thanks for the coca. Nice meeting you, but I need to go." I run out of the shop, ignoring her calls for me to come back.

I stop running once I'm far enough away. I was scared. I took a sip of my hot chocolate. It was good, but I cringed at it. It wasn't hot now, it was warmish. I pulled out my phone, stopping at a bus stop.

I tap on Ashton's number; he picked up after the second ring. "Luke, you scared us to death! We went to your house to check on you, you're mom didn't know where you were! Where were you?"

I let him finish his rant, before calmly saying, "I found my time partner. Meet me at the shopping centre."

-

I sat in the food court alone for 30 minutes before Ashton joined me, alone. "Hi!" He called out to me a few feet away. "Ashton!" I ran to him. He flinched, gripping his head. "Oh, sorry. I'm over mine."

He snickered, "Shut up. What was she like?" I was quick to answer. "Clingy. Creepy. Talkative. Rude. Obnoxious."

He made a face. "Oh. What was her name? What made you think that?"

I motioned towards the tables and chairs. "Let's sit, it's a long story." So, I told him about my walk, how cold it was, her stories, and her talking me into breaking up with him. "What a bitch." He mumbled.

"Well, I was planning on telling you something, but I shouldn't now.." He mumbles the last part. "What's up?" I ask, taking a sip of the smoothie I bought while waiting for him.

He tapped his fingers on the table before smiling guiltily. "The bullying's started again." I almost spit out my drink. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why do you thi-"

"Luke!" I look up to see Elisa running towards us. My mouth falls open. She smiles as she sits with us. "Uh, who are you?" Ashton asks in an annoyed tone.

"Are you following me?" I ask. She giggles at my question. "Of course not! I'm here with my friends."

"Who are you?" Ashton asks a little louder. "I'm Elisa! I'm Luke's time partner. And you are?"

Ashton's eyes narrow before he mumbles, "I'm his boyfriend."

"Ashton, let's go." I grab his hand. "And your telling me more about Carter later." He sighs, standing up. Elisa smiles at me before looking at Ashton. He gets an offended look on his face before I pull him away.

We're eventually on the bus, sitting next to each other awkwardly.

"I understand why you thought all those things." He mumbles, looking at me.

"Yeah.."