43.

"Good morning, good morning!" The nurse greeted, walking into Beyoncé's room with a bright smile on her face

She instantly woke up, seeing that it wasn't too hard to fall into a deep sleep in a hospital. It was extremely cold and a nurse was at her door nearly every hour.

She peeped the time to see it was going on 6AM, entirely too early for her.

"Morning." She mumbled, sitting up to adjust the pillow and the IV in her hand. She let out a small groan knowing she would probably be in the hospital for a couple more days.

"You don't seem too excited today," The nurse pouted, "You feeling any discomfort? Do you need a warm blanket or anything?"

Beyoncé looked around the room, assuming she was alone until she saw Jay laid out on the uncomfortable pull-out bed.

"My back is still hurting. A warm blanket will be nice also, and could I get one of those pads for my back?"

"Sure thing! I'll be right back with those for you, and Dr. Shepherd will be in soon!"

Beyoncé gave her a nod and looked towards Jay. She was a little upset that she couldn't reach him so she grabbed the half-empty water bottle and threw it his way.

He revealed his head from underneath the blanket and looked at her with a mug on his face.

"That was you, right?" He asked, just to be sure.

"Yeah, can you lay in bed with me?"

He sat up and wiped the sleep out of his eyes before getting out of the uncomfortable position and walking towards her.

"It's early as fuck Beyoncé."

She grabbed his hand and made room for him on the bed, "You should be used to it."

"Exactly, I am. This my off day though. You feeling okay? The nurse been in to check on you?"

She nodded and kissed his cheek once he was laid out next to her, "Yup. She's so nice, but she was extremely loud when she came in."

"That's their job."

While they were in middle of conversation, the nurse came in with everything Beyoncé needed including a bag of chips and an ice cold cup of orange juice.

Seconds later, Dr. Shepherd was walking in right behind her with his team.

"Good morning Knowles, how we feeling this morning?"

Jay got out of the bed and sat on the couch as he was before while the doctors checked on Beyoncé.

"Back pain, other than that I've been okay."

Dr. Shepherd nodded and grabbed his gloves, "That's good to hear. I'll make sure your nurse give you something for those back pains. Right now, I just want to check and see how far your cervix has dilated."