9.

It was another Monday in Beyoncé's boring 7-4 work schedule. After being in Miami for the weekend, she didn't want to come back at all but knew she had no other choice.

She was listening to Pandora as she looked through a few files that were left on her desk. Humming along to Tank's When We, she was interrupted by a knock on her door.

"Come in."

The front desk receptionist walked in, hiding his face behind the bouquet of roses that was delivered just for her.

"Someone truly adores you." He said, sitting the vase on her desk. She smiled knowing it was only her man, surprising her as usual.

"Thanks David." She said as he walked back out. She grabbed the note attached and read it with a big smile on her face.

Be great today.
Dinner on me tonight.
See you when you get off <3

- SC

She felt so good reading through the small note. She wanted to call him but remembered he would be in meetings all day, so she didn't bother. He would call her once he got the chance to.

Once she was finally off, her phone began to ring. Thinking it was Jay, she quickly answered it but groaned seeing it was her mother.

She loved Tina, but her mother never knew when to stop talking. They could be on the phone for hours talking about nothing, but she hated to rush her mother off the phone.

"Hey ma," she answered, "How are you?"

"Well you seem to be in a good mood. How was your vacation?"

Beyoncé grinned, "It was great." She said, keeping it very short.

"Mhm. You know Thanksgiving is next Thursday. You should bring your friend home to meet your family."

"Maybe. He's kind of stand-offish so I'll have to see what he say."

"Well I'm your mother and I think he should come."

Beyoncé laughed, "I can't put a gun to his head and force him to come mama. And besides, it's too early in our relationship for that. We may need to wait a little bit."

"Relationship?" Tina exclaimed, "So he's your boyfriend? Baby I'm happy for you."

Beyoncé sighed, keeping her eyes on the road as she maneuvered through heavy traffic to get home.

"Thanks mama. Please don't go telling the whole family that I'm with somebody."

Tina scoffed, "I won't Beyoncé. That's your business to tell. My lips are zipped."

"You said that last time and you see how that went."

Tina couldn't hold water and even though Beyoncé told her not to tell, she knew her mother couldn't keep a secret.

"Well last time is last time, and this is this time."

Beyoncé laughed and rolled her eyes, "How is it down there? I can't wait to come home for Thanksgiving."

Thanksgiving was her favorite holiday because of food, of course, but she loved the cold weather during that time and just being with her family. They didn't always get along, but she knew she could call on her family for just about anything.

"The usual. Your sister is in such a rush to graduate high school. She only have a few months, but she already using her father card to buy shit for her dorm room."

Beyoncé laughed, "Did she ever decide what route she was going?"

Tina sighed, "She says she's debating between Tuskegee and Southern. It's not shit in Alabama and it ain't nothing in Baton Rouge. You should convince her to go to Spelman or Clark!"