37.

"Nervous?"

Beyoncé looked up at her doctor and softly smiled, "Yeah, a little surprised because I never noticed how huge I was. It seemed as if I grew overnight."

She rubbed her belly as Dr. Shepherd began pressing buttons on the computer. She was laid back on the patient's bed when he applied the gel substance to her belly.

When she noticed how big she had gotten, she immediately scheduled an appointment to see how far along she were.

She wanted to tell Jay as soon as she found out that day at her job, but she wanted to do it a little differently.

"Have you had any symptoms?"

Beyoncé watched as her doctor rubbed around her belly, pressing gently to see the fetus growing inside of her.

"Actually, no. But now that I think about it, I've been eating like crazy. Surprisingly, I haven't dealt with the morning sickness so that's a relief."

Dr. Shepherd laughed, "That's always a good thing. My wife didn't get the morning sickness until our third child. It hit her bad, so you're definitely one of the lucky ones."

"Oh wow, three kids? How old are they?"

"The oldest just turned 20. Then there's my headache, she's 16. And our youngest and only boy will be 10 soon."

Beyoncé nodded, trying to envision herself with multiple children. She could possibly deal with two, but anything over that kind of scared her.

"Well, you're indeed pregnant and this little fetus is wrapped up tightly. You mind laying on your side for me?"

She followed his orders and laid on her side. It felt very uncomfortable laying on her side, but she never said anything.

"So you're 19 weeks," Dr. Shepherd said, "That's four months if you were wondering." They shared a laugh as he continued to press on her belly, "Your baby is hiding from me. I can't even see the genitals because of the way they are laying. Let's try laying on the other side."

As she did so, Beyoncé thought about four months ago when her and Jay conceived their child. Using her context clues, she knew it was before Paris so the pregnancy tests she took were obviously wrong, or too early to tell.

She smiled just thinking about herself months from now. She had been wanting this for awhile and God finally answered her prayers.

"Alright, there we go!" Dr. Shepherd began to say. Beyoncé realized he was about to tell her the gender so she stopped him.

"No, not yet," she said with a chuckle, "Can I find out at my next appointment? I really want my fiancé to be here when you tell me."

Dr. Shepherd smiled, "Of course! No problem."

For the remainder of her appointment, Dr. Shepherd gave her a few tips on what she should and should not do and things she should absolutely not eat and drink.

Afterwards, Beyoncé walked out of the doctor's office and headed to her car.

Seeing that she haven't checked her phone, she pulled out and looked at the few missed calls and texts she had.

A smile appeared on her face as she called Jay back. She badly wanted to tell him, but thought it would be better to do so in person.

"Sup?" He answered, putting her on speaker as he maneuvered around his office.

"Hi baby, I'm hungry."

He laughed, "What you wanna eat?"

"Uh," she said as she stopped at the traffic light in deep thought, "Wings would be nice, don't you think?"