14.

"Wow, it's so good to finally meet the guy my daughter is so in love with." Tina said as the couple slid in the booth.

Beyoncé stared at her man and shook her head in amazement. "You are full of surprises. How did you get in touch with my parents?"

Jay sipped on the water that was in front him, "Kelly. I told your parents how serious I am about you, asked them what is one place they always wanted to go, and here we are."

"He's such a gentleman," Tina said with a grin, "This is me and Matthew's first time getting flewed out."

Beyoncé sighed, "Mama, chill."

Matthew let out a chuckle at the two of three most important women in his life. Seeing that smile on his daughter's face made him a happy man. Beyoncé deserved the world and he was happy she met someone to give her just that.

"So Shawn, or Jay — what should I call you?"

"Jay is cool." He said with a shrug.

Beyoncé felt a little nervous seeing that she had just given her man head and was now sitting across from her parents acting as innocent as she could be.

She pinched Jay's hand under the table, making him return the favor by pinching her back. She was trying to get his attention but was being ignored so she let it slide for the time being.

"What exactly is it that you do?"

"I own a few businesses," Jay said, keeping it as short as he possibly could. He was never a talkative person and of course her parents noticed, "Nothing major. I own my own record label, a few clubs, got a clothing line, and I'm in the middle of starting my own sports agency. I kinda got my hands in the liquor business too."

Tina nodded as if she approved, "That's amazing, and how did you two meet?"

"A party Kelly dragged me to," Beyoncé said, "But I guess it's a good thing I went. I wouldn't have met him."

Beyoncé was happy when the waitress came to ask for their orders. She hated questions so the waiter came at a great time.

"I can't wait to hit the casino." Beyoncé said, quickly changing the subject.

"Me either. I'm going to lose all my money." Tina said, making them all laugh.

After dinner and a few questions later, they went to the casino and Beyoncé stuck by her mother's side while Jay talked to her father.

"So, what you think?" Beyoncé asked nervously. She knew the love between her and Jay was real, but her parents approval still meant everything to her.

She never had her doubts but if her parents had any concerns, she would take it into consideration.

"I think," Tina said, playing on her machine, "He's definitely a good man. A good man just for you. I approve baby."

Beyoncé let out a sigh, "You think daddy like him? He was giving me vibes that he may not."

Tina chuckled, "You know Matthew. He don't show emotion as much, but look at them.."

Beyoncé looked at her boyfriend and father as they played one of the table games together. They were sharing a laugh and talking about whatever, and it brought a smile upon her face.

"Okay, maybe he do like him but he'll never verbally say it."

"Exactly. Oh, Jay paid for our rooms too!" Tina said happily.

Beyoncé smiled, "Yeah? For how long?"

"Girl, three days! Are you guys staying too?"

Beyoncé shrugged and looked over at Jay who was staring at her with a look she knew all too well. She couldn't help but to blush and look away from his strong glare.