41.

"All drinks on me tonight!" Ty yelled, holding his shot glass of Hennessy up. The guys at the table followed along and took their shots down.

Jay sat his empty glass down and laughed as Ty pulled him in for a hug. He was asked by Lenny to meet up for business purposes, but was surprised to see most of his friends there waiting on him to arrive. Even his friends from New York that he didn't see that often was present and it made him feel good.

"Man, first and foremost I just want to say congratulations!" Ty said, looking at Jay, "Not only did you sign your very first player to Roc Nation Sports, but my homie has a baby girl on the way and getting married soon. You're an inspiration for all of the guys here at this table and we all appreciate you. Whatever you wanna eat and drink is on me."

"Who set this up?" Jay asked, looking between Ty and Lenny.

Both of the guys looked at one another, trying to decide who would answer. Lenny had beat Ty to it and shrugged his shoulders. "We can't say."

"Why not?"

Ty groaned, "Just enjoy celebrating yourself man. You need something else to drink? Somebody give the man of the hour a shot!"

Jay hated celebrating himself and mostly all of his close friends and family knew that. Just to show him he was appreciated, they threw him a small dinner at a restaurant they were able to get shut down for a few hours.

As they looked through the menu to order, Jay's mind drifted to Beyoncé. They haven't spoken since earlier in the day and he was a little surprised when she didn't try to get in touch with him.

After looking through the menu and finding something he liked, he sent Beyoncé a text and waited patiently for a response.

Jay smiled, stuffing his phone back into his pockets. He had a feeling that Beyoncé had set this surprise up and the smiley face emoji had given herself away. He knew her all too well.

"You comin' out to have some fun tonight?" His close friend Emory asked. Jay immediately shook his head and took a sip of his drink.

"Nah, got my lady at home."

"So what? She got you on punishment or something?" He said right before laughing as if he just told the funniest joke.

Jay laughed lightly with him before giving Emory a straight face, "Don't do that man," he said, "You know me."

Emory nodded, "Yeah, my fault brotha. I respect that though. Get home to your lady."

Jay shook off the weird exchange and lit his cigar. He was slowly getting a vibe of who he couldn't be close with anymore because of his maturer mindset.

He was never into clubs and partying. If he did, it was for business purposes only. Ever since his drunken mistake, he avoided going out.

Beyoncé's feelings meant more to him than wanting to have a good time.