40.

Jay stared at Beyoncé with a slight smile on his face watching her eat.

Since she was on maternity leave, Jay would sometimes schedule off days for himself just to spend more time with her.

He smirked watching her reach for her tropical smoothie, taking a big gulp to make them both laugh.

"Baby, I was so hungry and so thirsty. I don't think you understand. I've been living off water for too long, I needed this."

Jay chuckled, "I see. You're glowing by the way."

"Thank you babe. I feel so bloated and ugly, but that made me feel good."

"Nah, you're gorgeous baby girl. I mean that."

She could never get tired of his heart warming compliments. To say the least, the pregnancy made her lose the little self-esteem she had but Jay made it all better.

He was doing everything his father told him to do — never stop loving her. He was going to compliment her as much as he could so she could know how beautiful she really was.

"You're being extremely nice to me today." She said, squinting her eyes at him.

Jay sipped on his smoothie, "I'm nice to you everyday. I spoil you rotten, what you mean?"

"Not all the time," she said jokingly, "You're quick to catch an attitude with me. Since you being nice, you must want something?"

Jay shook his head at her, "I don't know what the hell you getting at, but I'm just in a good mood."

"Why?"

"I can't be happy?" He laughed, making her squint her eyes some more.

"What has you so happy?"

Jay shrugged his shoulders, "Nothing in particular, but life in general. You, my daughter, my job, everything. I'm just chilling."

"Hmph," she said not sure if she wanted to believe him, "Therapy been okay?"

"I'm done wit' that."

A smile spread across her face and her eyes got big out of excitement, "Are you really?"

"Fasho. I completed it. She felt that I was making big changes, which I did. Plus that shit wasted too much of my time. I have money to make. I missed out on millions every time I went there."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes, "You're being so dramatic. Your mental health is more important."

"Like I said, I have money to make."

"Well I'm glad to know you're done with it baby. I know after I give birth to Lani, I'll most likely do therapy too. I hear it's good for postpartum depression."

Jay kissed her hand from across the table and stared into her eyes. He loved her even more seeing her pregnant with their child. He was in love with her and thankfully she knew that so she wouldn't have to question his love and loyalty.

After sitting around and talking a little more, they finally left out of the small business and headed to the car.

"Babe, I'm ready to lay down. My feet hurt and my back hurt too."

Jay nodded, "I know. You need a massage?"

"I do, that would be nice."

The next day

Beyoncé woke up to the smell of breakfast which immediately caught her attention.

She opened her eyes to see Jay was gone, but a note and a box wrapped to perfection was placed on his side of the bed.