39.

"Alright, I'm just going to go in and check on her."

Jay parked the car and looked at an anxious Beyoncé sitting on the passenger side.

After Kelly called her frantically asking for help, she immediately rushed to get to her best friend. Despite how Kelly made her feel, she still had her back through thick and thin.

She had all the plans to go alone but Jay wasn't letting that happen. He had no clue what Roy was capable of, but he wasn't letting anything happen to his woman.

They left Nigel at their home to finish eating while they handled Kelly's situation.

"I don't know why you think I'm letting you walk in there alone. Let's go."

Jay took the keys out of the ignition and walked in front of Beyoncé towards the front door of Kelly's home.

"The door is unlock baby." Beyoncé said, making Jay turn the knob and go right inside.

Kelly's place didn't look the best which made Beyoncé shake her head in disappointment. Empty bottles and plates were laid around and it smelled like alcohol and other things she couldn't think of.

Jay clenched his jaw in disbelief that Kelly had gotten to this point and a little upset that she was putting Beyoncé in a position she didn't need to be in seeing that she was now pregnant.

He understood that Beyoncé wasn't backing down though. He was just there for the support he knew she needed.

"Kelly!" Beyoncé yelled out, looking around until Kelly appeared in their view. Thankfully, she looked better than what she did the first time Beyoncé saw her so that made her smile.

The two shared a hug that they both needed. Kelly held her best friend as tight as she could, letting her tears fall down onto Beyoncé's denim jean jacket.

Beyoncé rubbed Kelly's back so soothingly that she could've melted at that exact moment. The warmth of Beyoncé's body next to hers made her feel extremely safe and protected.

"You okay?" Beyoncé asked, "Did he hurt you?"

Kelly shook her head, "No. He left off in my car yesterday and I haven't heard from him since. I have no clue where he is or how to get in touch with him since his phone is off. I feel so dumb Bey. I let this man come in and destroy me once again. I hate how weak I am. I hate this."

Beyoncé deeply sighed and wiped the tears that fell down her cheek, "You're not weak Kelly. Listen, it's okay. We've been through this before, you know that. We can get through this again."

Jay stood back, giving the two their space. He watched attentively as they shared a few words, but he more so cared about their safety.

He would stare at the front door out of habit, waiting and hoping Roy would return so he could give him a piece of his mind.

"I don't even know where to begin," Kelly cried, "This is my house, I can't leave but he have my car and my keys. I feel so stupid."

"Have you called the police?" Jay asked, "Report it as stolen and hope they find it and him."

Kelly nodded, "I did already. I haven't heard back from them."

"Let's start by eating something," Beyoncé suggested, "Have you been eating?"

"Not really. It's been hard to."

Beyoncé made her way into the kitchen and roamed the refrigerator for anything to feed Kelly. She settled on a ham sandwich since she didn't have much.

As she fixed the sandwich, Jay helped Kelly clean around a little bit. She was so grateful for him that she had to give him a hug. Reluctantly, Jay hugged back. He was caught off guard for the most part.