32.

Jay walked into the hospital, instantly getting chills from how cold it was and the fact that he hated hospitals.

He had gotten a call that he was dreading. His mother had been hospitalized and his name was on her reference list.

He was unsure of the details, but he was more than sure all of his questions would be answered once he made it to her room.

She was on the fourth floor so he made his way towards the elevators and stayed quiet as the elevator went up.

He didn't know what to expect entering his mother's room so his mind was clouded with thoughts — both negative and positive.

Jay made it to the room and slowly made his way in. The sight of his mother laying in the bed with different machines hooked up to her didn't scare him since he expected that much.

She was fast asleep at the moment so he used that time to just look at her rest.

As he stared at her, he felt himself getting angry. He only wished that she came around sooner — or have not even left his life at all.

She scarred him and he thought he didn't want anything else to do with her, but he missed her.

He took a seat in one of the chairs and sat there staring at her. He would sometimes look down at his phone for the time seeing that it was Beyoncé's birthday and he had plans with her.

Just to keep her from asking him millions of questions, he sent her to the spa with Kelly. Afterwards, they would be flying to Paris since it was one place she have never been.

After almost fifteen minutes of Jay being in the room, Gloria finally woke up out of her deep slumber. She sighed seeing that she was in the hospital still.

She scanned the room until her eyes landed on Jay. They stared at one another not saying a word until she finally spoke up.

"I'm so happy to see you." She mumbled, weakly smiling at him.

He slowly nodded, "Yeah, I got the call."

She tried sitting up on her own, adjusting the pillow behind her back. "I'm just happy to know I'm not alone. How are you doing?"

He shrugged, "Like you care."

"Oh, Shawn. I indeed care."

"Since when? Since you came back and told me you're dying? Fuck I suppose to do about that? Don't sit in my face and lie to me like you care."

She sighed and looked away from his dark eyes. She stared at her hands, feeling the tears falling down her face.

"I'm sorry I mistreated you. Leaving you is still my biggest regret. I should have taken you, but I knew Adnis was in better shape to you raise you than me. Look at you now. Very rich and handsome. Staying here did you some good baby."

Jay sarcastic chuckled, "That's what you think? Because I got a lil' money, you think I'm good? You can't even tell how fucked up you made me. I got a girl at home that I can't even give my all to because of you. I've made so many mistakes in my life that could've been prevented if you was there. How the fuck can you leave your kid like that?"

Gloria nodded, "I understand your pain.."

"You don't!" Jay yelled, "You don't understand shit about me and what you put me through. All you care about is your damn self. But you see where that got you."

She put her head down, ashamed of herself. She knew her son hated her, but she didn't want things to be that way.

"Shawn, I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I regret everything and wish I could take it all back, but I can't. I've lived with it and all I can do is apologize to you before I leave here."