Chapter 38

Dean stared at Deanna, shaking his head.

"You can stop doing that now, it's been two days."

"You painted the Impala purple. How could you?"

She sighed wearily. "It's a perfectly acceptable color for a muscle car. I don't know what your problem is. And I'll remind you, Mom painted it purple, not me. It was her car before it was mine."

He dropped his forehead against the table. "It's just so wrong."

"Maybe for you, but for me it's perfectly normal. We may both be Winchesters, but our lives are very different. You have all these angels, we don't have any helping us. You also have Dale, we only have Amanda."

Aramintha glanced up and shook her head. "Stop pouting, Dean."

"Get us home and I will," he muttered. "I need to see my baby in the correct color."

Deanna nudged him. "Why don't we find a case, it'll be fun."

He dragged his body upright. "Yeah, might be. Whatcha got?"

Deanna twisted around, shouting as she did. "Yo, Sammy, you got any jobs on the horizon?"

Sam and Samantha both appeared, side by side, in the doorway. "Uh, sis, which Sammy are you talking to?"

"You're kidding?" Deanna looked between them.

Sam grinned. "Nope, though I've told him numerous times not to call me Sammy."

"Me too! She doesn't listen!" Samantha told him. "Sammy is an overweight twelve year old."

"Exactly!"

"Oh God, there's two of them," Dean groaned.

Deanna chuckled. "I was talking to you, but hey, if your male me has an answer, I'll take it."

"We've got a couple of possibilities," Samantha answered

"Awesome, let's hear it."

"Go hear it in the other room, we're trying to work here," Mintha told her.

Laurel sighed. "Can I go with?"

"No, keep working!"

Laurel groaned and slumped back in her chair. "I don't want to!"

"You got us here, therefore, you need to help get us back." Mintha looked up at her. "Maybe this will teach you to listen when I tell you not to touch things."

"Hasn't before, probably won't now." When Mintha glared at her, she held her hands up. "Fine, I'm working."

The four Winchesters disappeared from the room. Dale and Wyatt were off somewhere inspecting the intellectual offerings of this bunker. Mintha shook her head and went back to work.

Deanna leaned back against the kitchen counter. "All right, what have you got?"

Sam nodded. "A couple of possibilities."

Samantha jumped in. "There's a house in St. Louis that might have a poltergeist."

Dean held up a hand. "Address?"

"2111 De Fay Street," Samantha told him.

"Nope, not going there. Skip it, next."

"Dean ..."

"No, Sammy, we are not doing that again."

Deanna looked between them. "Do what?"

"Whatever you do, stay the hell away from that house. If you can, get someone to burn it the fuck down. Just don't go near it."