Chapter 42

With a groan, Dean rolled out of bed and went to answer the pounding at the door. "Yeah, I'm coming calm down!" he shouted. He yanked the door open and stared at the woman standing outside. "Yeah, can I help you?"

"Dean!" she shouted and threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly before shoving her way into the room. "Sam," she said with a lot less enthusiasm.

"Uh, do we know you?" Dean asked.

Sam sat up blinking with a frown. "I'll second that."

Wyatt muttered sleepily and pulled the blanket over his head.

She pushed her lip out in a pout. "After all our time together you don't recognize me." She looked down at herself and sighed. "I suppose this isn't exactly the way I normally look, but it's so fabulous to be alive, like really alive!"

"Look, lady, I don't know who you are but we—"

"Baby," she interjected.

"Excuse me?"

Sam began laughing. "You wished your car alive." He fell back on the bed, holding his stomach.

"I did not!" he protested.

"Did too!" she told him and bopped him on the end of the nose before she shrugged off her backpack and plopped it on the table. "Whew! That stuff is so much heavier when it's not in my trunk!" She twisted around to look at her backside and giggled. "I still seem to have a lot of junk in the trunk though don't I, I am so full figured. Do you think I need to hit the gym?"

Dean stared at her. "This is weird."

"A lot weirder for me," she replied and threw herself down on the bed. "But we're together and that's all that matters!"

Sam propped himself up on his elbows. "Maybe we should wake everyone else up."

"Yeah," Dean muttered as he spun and exited the room.

"So, Sam, how are you?"

"Not as weirded out as I should be."

She laughed, it was a deep rumble that eerily reminded him of the Impala's engine. "How do you think I feel. One minute I was myself and the next I was standing outside in the parking space wondering what happened."

"Sorry, I didn't think of that. So ... uh ... how does it feel to be alive?" He stared at her. It was very strange to see Dean's Baby sitting on the motel room bed, leaning back propped on her hands. She was tall, broad shoulders, with ... uh, yeah junk in the trunk to spare, just like the Impala in car form. Her hair was an inky black, piled atop her head in two little buns. Her skin was a deep chocolate color. He supposed that was to be expected, true black didn't exist in the array of human skin tones.

"I mean, I was always alive, just in a different way. This though, is very different. It's so awesome to be able to talk to you guys!" She pulled off her leather jacket and dropped it behind her on the bed. He frowned over the large demon trap tattoo on her back he could see peeking above the tight fitting black corset she wore. From the trunk? Had to be.

Wyatt sat up with a frown. "Wait, am I hearing correctly? Dean wished his car alive?"

Sam nodded. "Appears so."

"Hey, Wyatt!" Baby waved at Wyatt and he awkwardly waved back.

The door opened and Dean entered, followed by a parade of everyone else. "Right, we're here."

Laurel frowned at the woman sprawled across Dean's bed. "You brought us here to meet your latest one night stand?"

"I never liked you," the woman answered, pointing at Laurel with a scowl.