Chapter 18

Dean glowered at the police officer. "What do you mean you let her go?"

"Well, we didn't have any paperwork on her ... so ... we let her go." The cop shrugged.

Aramintha stepped forward and shoved a stack of papers in the man's face. "You mean these papers here?" She gave them a little wiggle under his nose. "I have copies of everything, you were supposed to hold her for us!"

"I, um, well ... we couldn't ..."

"Um, well, you couldn't? That isn't an excuse, dammit! She was our prisoner! That girl is extremely dangerous! I don't believe this!" She threw her arms in the air and stomped away.

The cop sent Dean a pleading look.

"Sorry, man, there's no off switch for that temper of hers, probably gonna call our superior and report it to him." He shrugged as if it was inevitable.

"Look, I can help! Really, I can!" the cop told them frantically.

Mintha spun around. "Help? Seriously, haven't you helped enough?"

"An officer dropped her off at the Charger Motel, it's just down the street."

"At least we can find her again, if she hasn't skipped town!" Mintha snapped before turning and stomping out of the police station.

The others followed her out, Dean sent the cop a sympathetic look before turning away and leaving.

Dean grinned at Mintha when he made it to the car. "Nice performance."

She shrugged. "Outraged FBI isn't exactly a new thing for me."

He arched a brow at her. "Really?"

"Where did you get paperwork from?" Wyatt asked.

"Nowhere, I grabbed it off a nearby desk."

Wyatt sent her an outraged look. "You lied!"

"Yes, your point?"

"You lied!

She looked at Dean. "Is he broken?"

"I'm beginning to wonder. Let's go find our thief."

Wyatt continued to express his disbelief that Aramintha had lied on the ride to the motel.

A check with the clerk told them the girl hadn't checked out. They took the passkey the man offered and headed for the room.

"Sam, you and Dale head around back, we'll go in the front."

"Wyatt, come with us," Dale told him.

He frowned. "Why?"

Dale rolled her eyes. "You'd rather go rushing into the room with them, guns blazing?"

"Um, nope." He pointed at Dale. "I'm going with them."

Dean rolled his eyes and turned away, they headed around to the back of the building, while Dean and Mintha went to the door of the room.

Dean didn't bother knocking, he kicked the door in and rushed into the room with his gun drawn, just in time to see the girl dive out the bathroom window. He quickly dialed Sam. "She went out the bathroom window!"

Sam looked up to see the girl running down the alley in the opposite direction. "Dammit! Hey you, stop!" he yelled.

Dale took off, chasing the girl, while Wyatt began muttering about how this was really not safer than going with Dean.

Aramintha appeared in the alley directly in front of the girl. "You really shouldn't run from me, I don't like chasing things, it makes me angry."

"And what, I wouldn't like you when you're angry?" Laurel mocked.