Chapter 16

Dean rolled over, dragged his pillow over his head, growled in frustration and then flung the pillow away, followed by the covers and proceeded to stalk down the hallway.

He stopped in the doorway of the room Noah had chosen and stared at the rampant destruction. "What in the hell are you doing?" he screamed.

Noah set down the sledgehammer he'd been about to swing at the half demolished wall and turned to him. "I'm taking out this wall, what does it look like?"

"I can see that, why are you taking out a wall?"

"More space," he answered with a shrug.

Dean emitted a sound that could only be frustration. "I'm gonna say this slowly so you can understand, chuckles, ... why ... are ... you ... destroying ... our home?"

"I need more room so I can build a space for my flowers."

"Flowers?" Dean asked stupidly.

"Yes, I can't just leave them alone, they need love." Without another word, he turned away and began demolishing the wall again.

"It's two in the morning!" he shouted at the angel.

Without pausing in his destruction, Noah answered, "I am well aware of the time."

"Where is your partner?"

Noah paused and turned a frown on him. "Mintha?"

"Yes," he growled.

"Her room is down the hall, two doors away." Noah pointed at the wall in the direction of Aramintha's room.

"Thank you," he muttered before spinning around and stalking down the corridor to Mintha's door. He stopped, frowned, backed up a step and glanced in both directions down the hallway before staring at the door again. "I'll be damned." He was standing in front of the door they could never get open. He lifted a hand and pounded on the door.

It opened and Mintha was standing there glaring at him. "What, I was reading."

"Can you explain to your boyfriend that while he may not need to sleep, us puny mortals do and it is two in the morning and not the time to be knocking down walls."

"Call him my boyfriend again and I'll knock you on your ass."

"Can you just tell him, I'd like to go back to sleep."

"Why can't you tell him?"

"I tried, but he doesn't seem to care," Dean grumbled.

"Fine, whatever." She stalked down the hallway and shouted into Noah's room. "Noah, stop destroying things and let the idiot go back to sleep. You need to wait until ..." she stopped and glanced at Dean who had followed her down the hallway.

He shrugged. "I don't know, nine?"

She nodded and turned back to Noah. "Nine in the morning, go draw up a plan for your greenhouse or something."

He gestured to the wall with the sledgehammer. "But ... I'm almost done!"

"Noah ..." she answered in a tone that was all warning.

"All right." He set the sledgehammer down with a deep sigh.

"Good, great, I'm going back to bed." Dean stomped back to his room, stopped in the doorway and turned back to Mintha. "How exactly did you get that door open?"

"Simple, I had the key."

"We tried everything to open it, we couldn't even pick the lock."

She grinned. "No, you wouldn't be able to. I heavily warded it when I left, I didn't want anyone messing with my things. Goodnight." She turned, walked down the hall and disappeared into her room.