Chapter 7

"All right, what did you idjits do now?" Bobby asked as he surveyed the damage to the Impala.

"Don't look at us it was her!" Dean answered, jabbing a finger in Dale's direction.

"It wasn't my fault, I told you there were demons!" she shot back.

Bobby shook his head. "Stop picking up strays and you won't have this problem. It isn't your job to save everyone, boys."

"I am not a stray!" Dale yelled. "This is who you're going to trust Sox with, who is this guy and why should we trust him?"

Sam sighed and jumped in before Bobby could begin an argument with her. "He's an old friend of Dad's, all right?"

Dale glared at Bobby. "Old being the operative word."

"Now wait just a minute, young lady ...," Bobby began.

Sam stepped between them, placing a restraining hand on Bobby's shoulder. "Just hold up and let us explain."

He nodded slowly before pulling away to begin hooking up the Impala.

Sam shot Dale a warning glance before he began explaining. "Dale isn't a stray we randomly picked up. Cas led her to us, she's ... well ... she's our little sister."

Bobby straightened up, looking from the boys to Dale and back again. "Excuse me, say that again, boy?"

"She's our sister, younger than Adam by a year or so. Apparently Dad was very busy over the years," Sam said with a shrug.

Bobby remained silently staring at them for a moment before turning away to continue hooking up the Impala. After he finished, he turned back to them. "If your daddy wasn't dead I'd whoop his ass. I can't believe he never told either of you that you had a sister."

Dean stepped around the Impala. "Nope, not a word, same as he did with Adam."

"Uh, excuse me, but who the hell is Adam?" Dale asked.

The three of them turned to look at her as if suddenly remembering she was there.

Dean rubbed at the back of his neck. "Oh, um ... Sammy, you wanna take this one?"

Sam sent him a scowl.

"I'm beginning to believe no one wants to tell me," she said with a frown.

"What the Neanderthals are so reluctantly trying not to explain is that Adam is your other half-brother, also John's boy. He is currently residing in the cage in Hell serving as the archangel Michael's vessel," Sox told her.

Bobby's jaw dropped. "Did that critter just talk?"

"Aye, I did. Is this the ruffian that is going to be looking after me. I'm not certain I approve."

Bobby sent Sam and Dean a look. "What exactly have you boys been up to?"

Sam grinned. "This is Sox. Sox this is Bobby."

Sox inclined his head. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Right, pleasure." He looked at Sam. "Why am I introducing myself to a feline?"

"Because it's polite? He's a demon, all right, but he's a good guy and all he wants is tuna on Tuesdays for dinner and a place to be safe. Can you handle it or not?" Dale glared at him while scratching Sox between the ears.

Dean heaved out a sigh and quickly explained exactly how they came by Sox.

Bobby glanced at the cat when Dean finished. "Crowley, eh?"