Chapter Thirteen

Matt and I ended up falling asleep in his bed last night. I woke up but he was still sleeping. He looked really adorable when he was sleeping. His lips were slightly parted and small snores escaped his mouth. I carefully slipped out of Matt's grip trying not to wake him up. I was walking towards his bathroom.

"Where are you going?" Matt asked with a raspy voice

"The bathroom, I'll be right back."

I walked back into Matt's room and he was just staring into space. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in his head. I sat down next to him and snapped him out of his daze.

"Sorry"

"It's fine" I giggled "What were you thinking about?"

"My past. I think I want to tell y-you."

"I don't want you to fell like I'm pressuring you into telling me if you don't want too"

"Trust me you're not. Can I take you some where?" he asked

"Of course, I'm gonna have Nash pick me up so I can get clothes and I'll be back."

_____

I walked into my room and took a quick shower. I dried my hair and put on a little bit of makeup. I put on leggings with a camflouage jacket and combat boots. Nash drove me back to Matt's after, Matt was already waiting outside for me.

"You ready?" I asked

"Yep, let's go" he replied

Matt led me down the block towards the woods. We walked into the woods down a path, where Matt ran the other night. We walked towards the stream and sat down by some rocks.

Matt stared foward for a few minutes not saying anything.

"Sorry, this is just hard for me-" Matt started saying

"There is no reason to apologize, just tell me when you're ready." I said taking his hand in mine

"Um ever since I was little my dad has always been an alcoholic. He would verbally abuse me and he actually hit me a few times. I started getting bullied in school and everything just hit me at once. Everything they said was true. I'm useless, worthless."

"Matt-"

"Just let me finish." he said " I didn't have any friends and my mom was always working. I was alone. The bullying got so bad, no one in school would talk to me and that's when I started cutting. Then I met this girl she was extremely beautiful. I tried pushing her away. I didn't want her to have to deal with my problems. But she was stubborn. For once someone wanted to stay. She wants to laugh with me, let me cry on her shoulder. She's special."

By time Matt stopped talking I was in tears.

"I'm never gonna leave you, I promise you that."

I sat there holding Matt in my arms. It was at this moment I knew that I'm in love with this boy. Every broken piece of him.

i know this is short i'll be updating a lot these next two weeks bc of break

xoxo

-lyss