Chapter Nine

I saw Matt and felt my breath hitch. He didn't even look alive. I took small steps towards the bed. I sat down in the chair next to his bed and grabbed his hand.

I wanted to say something but I was at a loss for words. He had a cut lip and bruises all over. He had a cast on his right leg.

"Hi" I said quietly "I don't know if you can hear me or not, I'm hoping you can. Please Matt. Please don't leave me. I have barely gotten to know you yet but I want to. All you have done is push me away but I don't care, I'm not going anywhere. I need you to wake up for your mom and for me."

I sat there crying. Why? I don't know. Matt just pushes me away all the time. I know how he feels because I've been in his shoes before. The bullying, constantly being picked on and being physically abused. I was in his room for an hour when his mom came back in.

"Sophia, your brother is here to take you home." she said

"Oh, okay." I got up and walked close to Matt. I kissed his forehead and bent down near his ear.

"Stay strong for me" I whispered in his ear

I hugged Laura before leaving.

"Um, do you think you could call me if he wakes up." I asked

"Of course!" she smiled "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For caring about my son."

I gave her a huge smile before walking outside. Nash was standing outside his car waiting for me to come out.

"How is he?" Nash asked

I didn't say anything. I just started crying. Nash walked over and hugged me.

"Let's get you home, okay?" Nash said

I nodded and Nash took me home. When we got home I went in my room and changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt. A few minutes later Chad walked into my room. I forgot he was even back. He sat down on the edge of my bed.

"How are you?" he asked

"Could be better." I replied "Do you think I could stay home tomorrow? I know I-"

"Of course. I was just going to tell you to stay home tomorrow. Try and get some sleep"

"Thank you" I smiled

_____

I tried to sleep last night but I barely could. I spent the whole night tossing and turning in my bed. Matt was the only thing on my mind.

I looked at the clock and it said 10am. I got out of bed and changed into leggings and a longsleeve v-neck shirt and went downstairs. Chad was at work and Nash was at school. I wanted to talk to someone but I had no one to talk to. I texted Dylan.

(Texting and phone D-Dylan, S-Sophia)

S- Hey, call me after school. I miss you

D- Hi, actually I didn't go to school today

S- Why not?

D- uh I didn't feel good. Want me to call you?

S- Yes please

(phone call)

S- Hello

D- Hi Soph

S- I miss you so much

D- I know I miss you too. How is everything?

S- Not too great

D- Why? What happened?