No Expert On Gardening But Definitely One On Gossip

Clary would have never admitted it openly but spending time in the mansion held one big benefit. They could enjoy being on their own without having to fear someone would walk in on them. The level of embarrassment to get her bra back dangling from the carved top of a staircase would be mind boggling.

She hadn't been raised to be prude but she was sometimes surprised of the amount of passion she held for Jace. As much as Clary wanted him, she had always been a little self-conscious when it came to herself.

She had never forgotten how small some of the boys and girls in school had made her feel regarding her physical appearance. And somehow she still carried that with her. When she first had discovered her interest for Jace, she had of course heard of his reputation in and around the institute. And having kept that in mind it had quite confused her, she wasn't going to be another nick in his bedpost, making her doubt his interest in her until he revealed his feelings for her among with the fear of ruining what was developing between them.

Jace knew, he wasn't her first but when they finally had gotten together, he had treated her as if he was, letting her set the pace and ensuring her pleasure came first. And this had never changed. Whenever she had felt insecure about herself or her reaction to him, Jace took his time to reassure her, she was safe with him and allowed to explore her sensuality and to express herself freely.

“Didn't you tell me I would regret the bacon theft?”

“It could be my plan took a different direction than intended.”

“I think so too but I don't mind.”

Jace pulled her hand which was intertwined with his up to his lips to kiss her knuckles. Clary couldn't do anything else but smile about the fondness this gesture held.

“Didn't we want to take a look at the garden?”

“I remember this being the plan for today but...”

“Then let's go...”

“Do you really want to get up?”

“It's not so much that I want but I'm afraid, there's no other way.”

“Only five more minutes of snuggling, okay?”

Jace looked pleadingly at her and Clary sighed. She caught herself thinking how she would react if their kids would develop that skill. It didn't take her long to figure their parenting skills would be doomed.

“No, now. Because we both know that you need less than five minutes to convince to not leave this bed.”

“It's not actually convincing if you prefer it anyway.”

“Come on, loverboy. And I'm sure, you'll appreciate a warm and comfy bed even more after having spent some time in the cold outside.”

“You won't stop nagging until I get up, right?”

“For the record I'm not nagging but you're right. I won't stop until you drag your sexy self out of bed.”

“Okay, you've won.”

“It's nice to know you're not immune to flattery.”

“It's not flattery if you're just telling the truth.”

“I give you a bit more time cause it must be hard to get up with such a massive ego,” Clary chuckled and got up.

20 minutes later they were taking a walk through the garden.

“I guess, you kept the staff to take care of the garden.”

“Yeah, because I've got no clue of gardening and I've seen the very sad plants in your apartment.”