A Sister After All

Alec, Magnus, Izzy and Simon walked down the hallways back to Izzy's office.

"That was awkward."

"But there is one thing I'm wondering about," Alec mused while plopping down on the couch in Izzy's office.

"Which one?"

"Magnus, do you remember when Jace stayed at your apartment?"

"Don't remind of that. Most brazen and worst flatmate ever."

"There was one time we literally walked in on him with three Seelies and there wasn't the slightest intent to cover them up."

"Easy, they weren't Clary," Izzy interjected, "Jace has a strong protective instinct when it comes to her. And after being apart from her, I'm sure he'd like to hide her from the world."

"Do you think that we'll see them today?"

"She wanted me to contact you."

"What about some cocktails while we wait?"

"Sounds like a plan."

After a bit more of an hour and into the third round of Martini cocktails it knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Clary's head peaked around the door.

"You're all still here?"

"It was the perfect time for a happy hour. Come in and enjoy the party if you're not having different plans," Izzy sounded a bit tipsy.

"Indeed we had different plans," Jace shot back still behind the door.

"No, we didn't. And you have already gnawed enough on me," Clary said lowering her voice but still being heard by the others.

"Just come in but please spare us any details of who gnawed on whom out of what reasons."

Clary pulled Jace with her into the room.

"Hey, sorry for earlier," she chuckled.

"No problem. We understand you needed some time alone but before we get anything started... Biscuit, whatever that is on your head, it has to go."

"What?" she shrieked but before she could react, it took one movement of Magnus' hands to change her hair back to the long waves she used to wear.

"Sorry but the 80s had called, they wanted their perm back."

Magnus closed the distance between them and pulled Clary into a hug.

"Welcome home, biscuit! It's so good to have you back."

"Thank you."

"And one of your paintings is a lovely addition to our living room."

"You bought one?"

"About two months ago. It reminded me of the wonderful morning light in Alicante."

"Then you were the nice Asian gentleman my tutor mentioned who had purchased it."

"Guilty as charged."

"Why?"

"Biscuit, no matter if you were gone, you were still a part of this family. But I should be angry with you."

"What have I done?"

"I didn't get to dance with you at the wedding."

"I'm sorry. We catch up on that, I promise."

"At least at your wedding."

"We'll see."

"We really missed you."