The Most Normal Banter

Clary and Jace would agree in an instant that six o'clock in the morning was way too early to portal somewhere but in Prague it was already noon.

They arrived at the same spot where they had met the first time over a year ago.

"It's colder than I thought."

"Jace, it's November. What did you expect?" Clary chuckled and pulled her beanie tighter over her ears, "Do you know where we have to go?"

"Of course I do. Give me your suitcase."

"Jace, I can..., you don't have to..."

"I know you can but what kind of gentleman would I be if I'd let you drag this huge monster of a suitcase around?"

"You being a gentleman? Did I miss something?"

"Ouch, that hurt."

"I'd apologize if I'd think you cared."

It was a 10 minute walk till they reached a small office. A woman in her mid to late 50s was sitting at a desk.

"How can I help you?" she asked with a heavy Eastern European accent.

"We have a reservation for an apartment in the ... uhm...;" Jace pulled a piece of paper out of his jacket, "I really don't know how to pronounce it."

She looked at the address and smiled.

"Mr. and Mrs. Herondale, welcome to Prague. I hope, you had a pleasant journey here."

"We had, thank you."

"If you would please sign here and here. These are the keys. When you leave and I'm not here, please just put them into the mailbox. Housekeeping has stocked up the fridge. If you need someone to clean the place, just call this number to set up a time. You'll find firewood in the basement. You will definitely love the place, you have a wonderful view at the Charles Bridge and at this time of the year the sunrise and sunset is amazing. One advice if you want to go out, it's always better to make a reservation in advance."

"Thank you."

"Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

"Not right now. Thank you."

"It's the easiest if you just walk down this street until you reach the crossroad, turn right and then it's at the corner of the second street on the left. Your apartment is on the top floor. You need the key to unlock the keypad in the elevator."

"I'm sure, we'll find it."

"If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to call. Enjoy your stay."

"Thanks and I'm sure we will."

As soon as they were out of the door Clary couldn't bite back a chuckle any longer.

"Mr. and Mrs. Herondale? Did I miss something? Was I unconscious when we made a short stop in Las Vegas to get actually married?"

"No, I just made the reservation under my name and I guess, she jumped to conclusions."

"You didn't correct her."

"You did neither if I recall it correctly."

"I just didn't want to make things awkward for you."

"Oh, really... how thoughtful of you," Jace stopped them and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"And besides that I really like the sound of it."

"Does that mean you only consider to marry me because my family name has a nice ring to it?"

"No! What are you thinking of me? I'd marry you no matter which of your many family names I would end up with."